PDA

View Full Version : suited connector in NLH

bk1
11-12-2006, 02:45 AM
If early position player raise the pot pre-flop,

you are on the button and see suited connector.

What do you do in this situation?

Do you raise the pot to drive out blinds to get it heads-up and call, if early position player re-raise you?

or do you just call and see the flop?

Another one, you are in early position and see suited connector.

do you raise? I know from the reading that limping in NLH is a sin and a bad play.

Then, what if you get re-raised? what do you do?

thanks in advance...

I am trying to learn the game, I was thinking about it but could not find the correct play.

Marshall28
11-12-2006, 03:15 AM
playing SC is very tricky if you arent already well versed in NL .. personally its rare that id play too many SC at lower stakes mainly for the reason that its not necessary to trick your opponents since they already dont know what they are doing. plus ... playing strong hands and value betting gets just as much if not more money out of them.

anyways ... if the pot is raised in front of you its terrible to re-raise SC ... why build a big pot w/ weak cards?

its O-K to call the raise if you are going to have position in subsequent rounds but i wouldnt be playing the hand very far unless i hit a flush, straight ... or a pair and a flush/straight draw.

never raise SC in early pos. its a fold everytime.

SC are really mostly good for raising from LP to steal the blinds (and c-betting flop if u get a call pf).

also ... lets say you have 78c in LP ... there are 3 limpers in front of you ... you limp from the button. flop comes 10s8s4c .. it gets checked around to you .. you are in a good position to bet since if anyone had a 10 they would probably want to bet to push out flush and straight draws ... but they didnt, so its likely you have the best hand.

DeuceSeven
11-12-2006, 03:32 AM
If early position player raise the pot pre-flop,

you are on the button and see suited connector.

What do you do in this situation?

Depends. If I think villain will go broke with tp and/or 2 or 3 others in front call, I call. I also prefer to have connectors like 56, 67, since you have less chance of making a worse straight.

Do you raise the pot to drive out blinds to get it heads-up and call, if early position player re-raise you?

Depends, I almost always call, I want to see flops with these hands as cheaply as possible. Let your position work for you here. If you can get a read on villain, sometimes you can take small pots away on the flop, e.g. you know villain raises with TT+, AQ+, and bets less then half the pot when he misses the flop.

or do you just call and see the flop?

Another one, you are in early position and see suited connector.

do you raise? I know from the reading that limping in NLH is a sin and a bad play.

Then, what if you get re-raised? what do you do?

If reraised, throw the hand away. Occasionly I raise with these hands in ep because I have a tight image. So when someone puts me on big cards and my raised 56s sees a flop of 755, villains might try to take me off my hand since they think I only raise with big cards. Or they call my raise with JJ, and unbeknownst to them they're way behind on this flop.

Sir Winalot
11-12-2006, 06:31 AM
First of all, I think you get 200% better answers if you post real hands, there are so many variables that need to be considered that it's nearly impossible to give a good answer. So:

1. Go trough your hand histories and find some good examples (or if you can't find one, modify some existing hand)
2. Convert it
3. Post it in a new thread along with the questions (preferably one hand per thread to get best answers)