PDA

View Full Version : Caught between a tighty and a manic...

VorShot
11-12-2006, 01:44 AM
I left the results just because i think it better explains my problem.

UTG has been very tight. No raises preflop, with only like a 9% hands VP$.

CO has been really loose and wild. Pretty sure i'm ahead of this range here.

Only problem is, I have NO idea what do here on the flop after CO raises to $6. I have been watching CO do this with next to nothing the entire session, so i was quite sure i was ahead here and if i wasn't, i was willing to stack off because they were just so horrible i was willing to feed the fish here.

UTG though scared me, and i knew it was quite possible i was dead here, but should i fold to crazy man's $6 just because tighty called my flop raise? I knew i couldn't call $6 and then fold, so my choices were all in or fold.

As you can see, i decided to all in and pray for the 2 outer if tighty called. As you can see, i lack the getting lucky skill.

Considering such a tight player and such a non draw flop, should i have just given it up? Is there anything i'm ahead of here with such a tight player?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $9.25
CO: $9.35
Button: $15.05
SB: $5.75
VorShot: $10.60

Pre-flop: (5 players) VorShot is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG calls, CO calls, 2 folds, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">VorShot raises to $0.45</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($1.4, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">VorShot bets $1.4</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">VorShot raises all-in $10.15</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG calls all-in $7.4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO calls all-in $2.9</font>.
Uncalled bets: $1.25 returned to VorShot.

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($27.9, 0 player + 3 all-in - Main pot: $27.8, Sidepot 1: $0.2)

River: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($27.9, 0 player + 3 all-in - Main pot: $27.8, Sidepot 1: $0.2)

Results:
Final pot: $27.9
<font color="#ffffff">VorShot showed Ah As</font>
<font color="#ffffff">UTG showed 9d 9c</font>
<font color="#ffffff">CO showed 9h 6c</font>

Marshall28
11-12-2006, 01:55 AM
i think you are too concerned with your reads on your opponents ... 10nl its almost a waste of brainpower trying to understand the plays of people who dont even know what they themselves are doing.

otherwise there is nothing wrong with your play.

helloimcdog
11-12-2006, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think you are too concerned with your reads on your opponents ... 10nl its almost a waste of brainpower trying to understand the plays of people who dont even know what they themselves are doing.

otherwise there is nothing wrong with your play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know in the low limits everyone wants to be making reads and pulling off massive bluffs but the real key is just solid ABC poker, i think your play is fine here.

bk1
11-12-2006, 03:06 AM
that was bad beat...

Sir Winalot
11-12-2006, 06:34 AM
Sorry dude but this is as BBV as it gets. IMO the play was pretty standardo.

avfletch
11-12-2006, 07:00 AM
Having AA OOP with 2 limpers I really think you need to raise more preflop.

As for the rest of the hand its just bad luck the way it went down. Only thing to do is make a note that villain can play his sets fast in these places and get on with it.

gir
11-12-2006, 07:14 AM
Raise to 0.6 pre. Otherwise, great hand.

Waingro
11-12-2006, 08:02 AM
No, you canīt get away, even if your read is dead on. You donīt have information to put tighty on a set just yet. The remedy is not to develop clairvoyant skills. Instead you should raise more pf. Tighty had 99 so he probably wasnīt going anywhere, but if they think you have a good hand and maniac is in it too, their implied odds just went thru the roof and they would be correct to call your raise with a wide range. I think even a case could be made for a big overbet pf to isolate maniac, since you canīt fold postflop.