PDA

View Full Version : 25NL - Muck K-High Flush?

pwalsh21
11-11-2006, 08:28 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($18.05)
CO ($25.85)
Button ($24.65)
Hero ($19.65)
BB ($27.40)
UTG ($13.15)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.40, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($1.75) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $0.75</font>, Button calls $0.75, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, MP calls $2.25, Button calls $2.25.

Turn: ($10.75) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.5</font>, MP calls $3.50, Button calls $3.50.

River: ($21.25) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $10</font>, Hero?

Ignoring reads, can my hand possibly be good here? After they called my bet on the turn, I really didn't want to hit my flush. I checked the river, figuring I'd just check/call. But when one guy bets out and the other mini-raises, I don't see how this hand is any good. Should I still call this bet? Should I have bet out on the river?

RAHZero
11-11-2006, 09:01 PM
PF: Fine.
Flop: The check-raise is perfect, your bet size... not so much. Top pair good kicker with a draw to the second-nut flush is a huge hand. You might be ahead on the flop, and if not, you have plenty of ways to improve. However, you didn't raise enough. A pot sized raise is to $4 here. Make it that much with two players still interested in the hand.

Turn: This is where it really starts to get ugly. Your turn bet is absolutely atrocious. Make that at least $6, probably on the higher end. 1/3 of the pot is giving way too good odds. Look at the button! He's getting 5:1 on his call here. Even though you have a strong draw on this board, lots of hands can call profitably getting such good odds. Charge people to see the river.

River: Ugh. What are you doing checking here? Having this checked behing would be a disaster. As played, this is an easy push when it gets back to you. You're only afraid of the A-high flush and a straight flush here. With an unpaired board, you shouldn't even think about folding here.

Panthro
11-11-2006, 09:05 PM
Flop is fine.
Don't like your turn bet. Bet enough to protect your top pair against draws, otherwise just check it. And based on your stack, if you're planning on betting, you might as well shove.

As played, call the river.

Marshall28
11-11-2006, 09:11 PM
i think you undervalued your hand. pf the checkraise is O-K. but it definitely wouldnt be my first choice of action.

heres the thing ... when you check raise, you are going to be eliminating all but the very strongest of hands ... in this case, you want callers.

after they both call your check raise i figure them to have strong hands ... but your raise was also quite weak.

what i would have done is bet out on the flop ... prepared to 3bet if they re-raise. you are obviously scared when the flush hits on the river, and by re-raising trying to get every dollar in the pot you no longer have to worry about that because of the fact that you have the Qd. for this reason you arent worried about someone else having u outkicked ... for example an AQd. thats a hand you no longer have to fear. all you are really worried about is a set (which you have outs against) or a flush draw (and in this instance that flush draw really only has 7 outs since you have 2 diamonds in your hand.

this is a very favorable situation, and you should be trying to get as much money in as early as possible.

Marshall28
11-11-2006, 09:19 PM
actually im wrong, dont listen to me

kolotoure
11-11-2006, 09:28 PM
I am shoving this river without thinking about it

sigurrostyp
11-11-2006, 09:44 PM
shove river but i wouldn't play this like this. If he has A high flush oh well he raises with lots of hands that you beat so if he just happens to have that one too bad hit reload

pwalsh21
11-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the input everyone. I was a little hesitant to put a lot of money in on the turn, in case someone hit their straight or was slow playing a set. If I had AKdd, I would probably have put in a much larger bet, knowing I was at least drawing to the nuts. I really couldn't see how my hand was good on the river (as played), but it turned out the button made that river re-raise w/ 56 (no flush), I folded, and MP called w/ KT. Good read me.

Jigsaws
11-11-2006, 10:12 PM
Actually, Marshall, I think your advice was spot on.

sightless
11-11-2006, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nologo
11-11-2006, 10:33 PM
How can anyone ever consider mucking this? If you run into a A high flush or straight flush, chalk it up to a cooler. I'm shoving 100% of the time here.

Innocent Kitty
11-11-2006, 10:36 PM
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l4/bogdog_2006/saltnpepa.jpg

pokerchap
11-12-2006, 12:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i am really confused about why you are ever thinking about folding?

i think you might be being results orientented or something.