PDA

View Full Version : (NL25) QQ 3bets minraise pf. Flush comes in on turn.

Wolfram
11-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Villain is a bad lag. What's my move on the turn? Can I put him on any range?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($22.50)
BB ($9.30)
UTG ($29.70)
MP ($24.25)
Hero ($26.95)
Button ($9.65)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP calls $1.25.

Flop: ($3.85) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.75</font>, MP calls $2.75.

Turn: ($9.35) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ???

Jigsaws
11-11-2006, 08:16 PM
I like a check here, unless you think he'll pay you off with a J.

Wolfram
11-11-2006, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
unless you think he'll pay you off with a J

[/ QUOTE ]
I think most NL25'ers will. Say I bet 7 and he pushes... what then?

jdd12
11-12-2006, 01:48 AM
I'd like to hear thoughts on checking behind and letting him lead into you on the river. I feel this keeps the pot small and lets you draw to the 3rd nuts for free...

Bad?

Marshall28
11-12-2006, 02:02 AM
ok the first thing i think is you should raise more on the flop ... only because if this guy is gonna draw to a flush you want to make him pay as much as you can get out of him.

2nd ... id probably bet this turn since i wouldnt want to get bluffed on the river. however im checking any river that falls.

the other reason im betting is because if he has the Ah i wouldnt want to let him draw to the flush for free.

if we bet and get re-raised ... we know were beat and its an easy fold ... however if we were to check behind ... and he bets out on the river ... either he was already there and we have to pay him off, or we let him get there by checking behind on turn.

Wolfram
11-13-2006, 08:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ok the first thing i think is you should raise more on the flop ... only because if this guy is gonna draw to a flush you want to make him pay as much as you can get out of him.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is results oriented. We have no idea if he has a draw or not until he calls, and my standard c-bet is 3/4 pot, so I shouldn't change just because this time I have an overpair.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to hear thoughts on checking behind and letting him lead into you on the river. I feel this keeps the pot small and lets you draw to the 3rd nuts for free...

[/ QUOTE ]
I like that line fine. As long as his lead is half pot or less. Only trouble is there are a lot of dangerous cards out there to be letting him draw for free.

I think the choice is between check/calling and bet/folding. I took the worst route (bet/calling) because I had put a lot of money in the middle and thought the chance that I'm good vs. a bluff/Top pair and my outs (hopefully any heart) would justify the pot odds.