PDA

View Full Version : Absolute VIP

SlamminP
11-11-2006, 05:05 PM
Does ABsolute lessen the amount reload bonuses offered after you reach platinum/elite level in the VIP club? At platinum level, bonuses clear twice as fast hence the hourly wage would be very good clearing these bonii. I'm asking because If they do offer constant reloads as they do for members of lower VIP rank, reloads clear faster than the rake that is generated which would cost them a bunch of money. Are they doing this on purpose to keep players on their tables?

cmstaab
11-11-2006, 05:34 PM
VIP does not affect how the bonus clears.

SlamminP
11-11-2006, 05:45 PM
Oh I see that you clear some gay rewards points 2x faster and not the VIP points needed to clear bonuses. What a gyp.

Dave I
11-11-2006, 05:53 PM
I heard you can trade those points for cash if you ask.

5thStreetHog
11-11-2006, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Where did you hear that??????Can anyone verify this?

celiboy
11-11-2006, 07:22 PM
Yes you can trade for cash

Get an IPOD and trade for $375 cash. Best deal is the poker table which you can trade for $1000 cash

JimNashe
11-11-2006, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Get an IPOD and trade for $375 cash. Best deal is the poker table which you can trade for $1000 cash

[/ QUOTE ]

How does that work? You buy the table, and sell it back to Absolute? Or do you mean we should buy the table, and sell it on ebay for 1000$?

5thStreetHog
11-11-2006, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How does that work? You buy the table, and sell it back to Absolute? Or do you mean we should buy the table, and sell it on ebay for 1000$?

[/ QUOTE ]Yes,could you expand on this?Do you email them and they credit your account with 1000$ instead of the table? Im still not clear on this eithor.

Dave I
11-11-2006, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Where did you hear that??????Can anyone verify this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I read it in another thread on 2+2. I don't remember where and I haven't tried myself yet. Sorry. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

celiboy
11-12-2006, 03:46 PM
No you don't have to actually buy the table. You email support saying that you would like to convert ARP points in exchange for cash. The best deal is the poker table in terms of ARP points versus cash value and second best is the IPOD.

5thStreetHog
11-12-2006, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No you don't have to actually buy the table. You email support saying that you would like to convert ARP points in exchange for cash. The best deal is the poker table in terms of ARP points versus cash value and second best is the IPOD.

[/ QUOTE ]Thanks for the reply.

JimNashe
11-12-2006, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for replying, I'm gonna try it. It makes no sense, but I'm not gonna let that stop me.

delta k
11-12-2006, 10:32 PM
do you get anything automatically for becoming a VIP or elite or platinum member?

5thStreetHog
11-12-2006, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
do you get anything automatically for becoming a VIP or elite or platinum member?

[/ QUOTE ]When you hit VIP you get a percentage increase on every bonus.For example,the 20% 200$ max bonus running now,a 1000$ deposit VIP would get you 300$ bonus.You also get special bonus offers.These perks would be more valuable on mostly any other site though, obviously because of the constant reloads AP offers.You get weekly and monthly freerolls at different values at each level as well.Not sure about the whole package though,as ive only been grinding there few weeks now,im just about to hit elite, but havent really checked it all out other than looking in the store once.

delta k
11-13-2006, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]When you hit VIP you get a percentage increase on every bonus.For example,the 20% 200$ max bonus running now,a 1000$ deposit VIP would get you 300$ bonus.You also get special bonus offers.These perks would be more valuable on mostly any other site though, obviously because of the constant reloads AP offers.You get weekly and monthly freerolls at different values at each level as well.Not sure about the whole package though,as ive only been grinding there few weeks now,im just about to hit elite, but havent really checked it all out other than looking in the store once.

[/ QUOTE ]

i made VIP after one month in august. haven't played much but i'd like to get to 20k at the end of nov. having more than 6 tables would help...but anyway i thought i saw you get a free chipset and some tourny entries or something when you reach 20k and 40k. i dunno though, i'm just gridding for an ipod i guess.

BlueLaser
11-14-2006, 04:30 AM
You do get a free chipset (or cash equivalent) when you achieve Elite VIP status as well as one free entry per month to their Saturday 100K guaranteed tourney and daily 10K guaranteed. At Platinum you get one free 10K guaranteed ticket. You have to e-mail them to get these. There are a few other freerolls you qualify for as well.
VIP tourneys (http://www.absolutepoker.com/vip/vip-tourney-schedule.asp)
Chip Set (http://www.absolutepoker.com/vip/vip-store-product-chips.asp)

rowdyclassmate
11-14-2006, 08:06 AM
Does anyone know how much the cash equivalent of the chipset is? I'm close to reaching Elite as well. Also, I hear people talking about $375/$1000 cash for ipod/table - has anyone gotten either yet?

BlueLaser
11-14-2006, 12:48 PM
They gave me $110 if memory serves correct for the chipset. I got $425 for an Ipod early last summer. I guess Ipods are cheaper now then they used to be.

delta k
11-25-2006, 05:12 PM
so i'm almost at elite- are they going to send a chipset to me immediately? because i think i'd rather have the cash. do i also get tourny entries or something?

5thStreetHog
11-25-2006, 09:55 PM
VIP FreeRoll*- every Wednesday at 21:00 prize pool $1,000

VIP Invitational- top 200 weekly VIP point earners every Friday at 21:00 prize pool $1,500

VIP Platinum FreeRoll- last Sunday of the month at 20:00 prize pool $2,000

VIP Elite FreeRoll- last Sunday of the month at 18:00 prize pool $3,000

One free seat to the $10k Guaranteed when you reach Platinum VIP level. One free seat per month for Elite VIP's. Daily at 22:00

One free seat per month to the $100k for Elites VIP's Saturday s at 16:30

* VIP FreeRoll is limited to 1,000 players

Not sure about the chip set situation.

Niediam
11-26-2006, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so i'm almost at elite- are they going to send a chipset to me immediately? because i think i'd rather have the cash. do i also get tourny entries or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

I emailed Absolute about this last week and they called me the next day which I thought was rather good service.

Anyhow, they said that they did not offer any cash equivalent for the VIP chipset but did confirm that you could get cash instead of items in the VIP store.

LImitPlayer
11-26-2006, 03:35 AM
So how does one determine the cash equivalent of items in the vip store?

ubercuber
11-26-2006, 06:48 AM
Can anybody who has the ABS chipset tell me if it is a nice set? Is the logo a sticker?

I am not very fond of the sticker chips Party sent me. Although I like the feel quite a bit, the stickers are off center, missing, etc...

Thanks.

Niediam
11-26-2006, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So how does one determine the cash equivalent of items in the vip store?

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked the guy on the phone how much I could get for each item and he reply was something like...

"Uhhh the Ipod was $350 if I remember ummmm laptop I think was ummm nine-hundred and something dollars I think."

His accent wasn't bad at all but English clearly wasn't his first language. They actually called when I was sleeping so at this point I decided to just trust the 2p2er who said that the card table was the best way to go and didn't ask any more questions. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

johnnycakes
01-24-2007, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I emailed Absolute about this last week and they called me the next day which I thought was rather good service.

Anyhow, they said that they did not offer any cash equivalent for the VIP chipset but did confirm that you could get cash instead of items in the VIP store.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone done this recently?
I emailed them about it yesterday.
Here is the response I got:

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, it is not possible to redeem your RPs for cash. However, we do recommend that if none of the items form the store interest you, feel free to exchange them for entries to the Guaranteed tourneys. These have very big prize pools and offer you the chance of winning big cash awards!

[/ QUOTE ]

Beastmaster
01-24-2007, 11:57 AM
I traded my 45k for $375 a couple weeks ago. I did hear they will have a points for cash option in the near future. Heard this from an Abs Rep. (not sure how true this is)
You may want to just hold on to them and see. I can't imagine it being better than 100k pts for $1000 though?

Niediam
01-24-2007, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, it is not possible to redeem your RPs for cash. However, we do recommend that if none of the items form the store interest you, feel free to exchange them for entries to the Guaranteed tourneys. These have very big prize pools and offer you the chance of winning big cash awards!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I still havn't received my chipset. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I did turn points into cash about a month ago though. I am going to lose my VIP Elite status at the end of the month so I suppose I should email them and see if they will trade enough points for an ipod into cash. I'll let you guys know.

rowdyclassmate
01-24-2007, 10:42 PM
Did anyone notice that the chipset and poker table are now missing from the VIP section of the store?

Niediam
02-06-2007, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I still havn't received my chipset. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I did turn points into cash about a month ago though. I am going to lose my VIP Elite status at the end of the month so I suppose I should email them and see if they will trade enough points for an ipod into cash. I'll let you guys know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Took me a while to get everything settle with Absolute as it appears that their support has become very slow as most email repies took 2-4 days. I sent two emails as it seemed that one should go to the VIP store for the ipod and the second to regular VIP support for the chipset. A brief summary of the emails:

Me: I'd like to exchange points for an ipod but receive cash instead
Abs: What color ipod would you like?
Me: I wanted cash instead of an actual ipod.
Abs: Here is $375

Me: I was supposed to receive a chipset for becomming VIP Elite but it never arrived. Has it been shipped yet?
Abs: Sorry, we are out of chipsets. Would you like something else instead?
Me: What else can I get?
Abs: $100
Me: Ship it.