PDA

View Full Version : KQ - TPTK on connected board

InfectorGadget
11-11-2006, 11:45 AM
Tight villain, 20/12/1.47

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($25)
Button ($10.55)
SB ($4)
BB ($26.90)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $1.

Flop: ($2.60) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $4.5</font>, Hero ...

What do I do here? I guess he most likely is on a draw, with the ten or a FD, but it could also be JJ/99. What is my play here?

avfletch
11-11-2006, 11:52 AM
Looks like a pretty straight forward player so I'd guess your TP2K doesn't shape up very well against his range.

Its entirely possible he's putting a move on you because of the board but getting involved any further here seems like a bad play to me.

NSchandler
11-11-2006, 12:00 PM
It's really hard to tell where you stand here. If you continue, this will be a hard hand to play.

I think it's close between calling and seeing what the turn brings and just folding now. If you fold now, you'll be folding the best hand a fair amount of the time, but the reverse implied odds of this hand are pretty bad and might make that the best move.

InfectorGadget
11-11-2006, 12:22 PM
Okey, my thoughts too, but I werent prepared for this turn:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($25)
Button ($10.55)
SB ($4)
BB ($26.90)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $1.

Flop: ($2.60) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $4.5</font>, Hero calls $3.

Turn: ($11.60) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ...

Supwithbates
11-11-2006, 12:40 PM
Unless you want to raise and rep the flush, I let this turn go. What worse hands are you stacking here? MAYBE QJ, but you're behind a lot more than you're ahead.
This is also what was mentioned earlier about reverse implied odds. You're improving and feel compelled to commit money to a hand that's still likely to be second best.

pdoran10
11-11-2006, 12:52 PM
both draws just got there and you seem to have just made a good 2nd best hand on the turn unless he has QJ.
I know a thing or two about going broke with good second best hands, trust me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dont feel compelled to put a ton more in with not a ton of outs. Im willing to bet at least a fourth of your outs are dead going to the river, and it hard to know which ones.

Or theres always call a turn bet and hit peel the 10 of hearts....

NSchandler
11-11-2006, 01:01 PM
I think you've got to call this turn now. You have 4 outs to a full house and 9 to a flush which may or may not be good. You have 3 T outs that MAY give you a chop. All in all, say you have 11 - 12 outs.

If you hit a Q or K and he does have a straight or a flush, you'll get his stack. On the other hand, if he has the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif and another heart comes, he'll probably get yours.

There's also a chance you're ahead, as he doesn't have a T or a flush here all the time.

The odds you're still ahead + the times you fill up + the times you hit a flush + the times a T comes for a chop all give you enough to see the river IMO.