PDA

View Full Version : $2 -how would you play this set of 6's?

checkmate36
11-11-2006, 09:26 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com (http://www.internettexasholdem.com)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">Hero ($3.05)</font>
MP2 ($5.12)
MP3 ($0.74)
CO ($1)
Button ($4.89)
SB ($3.52)
<font color="#C00000">BB ($3.99)</font>
UTG ($1.26)
UTG+1 ($3.17)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.02.
UTG calls $0.02, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.02, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls $0.02, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.12) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.06</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls $0.06, UTG calls $0.06.

Would overbetting the pot be bad here? I only bet around half since no flush draw is possible and maybe somebody likes the ace.

Turn: ($0.30) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $0.5</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $0.30.

BB is one of the loose players at the table. I didn't like that a straight is possible and now he is c/r me.

River: ($1.30) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.47</font>, Hero calls $0.47.

This is a small bet if villian has a straight I was thinking. I think I should have put my stack in the middle at some point and if its a straight just rebuy since thats poker.

Final Pot: $2.24

Thanks for any ideas.

avfletch
11-11-2006, 09:28 AM
Bet the pot on the flop. If someone likes the ace then they'll call pot as often as half pot.

This kind of c/r move on the turn could be the straight but its just as likely to be a worse set, two pair or something really dumb. I'd be looking to get my chips in.

Bowlboy
11-11-2006, 10:41 AM
Flop: This board is very dry, though it is very likely that 1 maybe even 2 players have paired the ace at this limit players will limp and call pfr with almost any ace. Your half size bet is probably only going to bring people along with at least a pair of aces or maybe a gutshot and fold everybody else, so given the situation I would bet the pot here. You're getting action from top pair here like 99% of the time and hopefully you'll get raised.

Turn: a 4 or a 5 on the river can make somebody a straight and yes somebody could have easily called you down with a gutshot draw. Looks you are either up against the gutshot, or a pair of aces maybe even 2 pair. The thing is you almost certainly still have the best hand and will probably get action from worst hands by betting bigger. After seeing BB's raise you have to be worried about the made straight but remember that BB can make this play with 2 pair, or a set of deuces as well so easy call.

River: BB is either praying for you to fold or betting his straight for value but since you are getting almost 4-1 with a set against an unlikely straight I call here.

Waingro
11-11-2006, 11:09 AM
In limped pots I invariably bet pot because you need to start building a pot, regarless if any draws are present or not. On the turn I would 3bet to $1.5 and call a push. On the river IŽd push over the top of his river bet, who knows maybe he will call.

Short story, in spots like this, your only concern is how you will get all the money in the middle. Worrying about the one unlikely draw is seiously -EV. Another club on the river might just convince a lonely ace or 2pair to fold. So get it in there, sooner rather than later. In this case 3bet the turn.