PDA

View Full Version : (6max-25nl) TP2K line check

danny8
11-11-2006, 09:21 AM
not much in the way of reads on villain... seems fairly loose from what i've seen so far

Ultimate Bet
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10./$0.25.
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $34.55
UTG+1: $8.70
CO: $9.95
Button: $12.25
Hero: $30.05
BB: $8.75

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($1, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, CO folds.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif ($3, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.2</font>, UTG calls.

River: T/images/graemlins/club.gif ($7.4, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $4</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $15.4

i dont tend to raise pf these hands from the blinds with multiple callers, should i?

Is the river a standard check to induce a bluff from a busted draw? if he pots should i still call? or is bet/fold better?

Thanks!

cestlavie
11-11-2006, 09:55 AM
Raise to $1.5 preflop. Even if you get callers you have a hand that plays well multiway. Also, your postflop fold equity increases. Preflop raises from the blinds tend to get more respect if the villains observe you as a capable player.

Otherwise the hand looks fine. Would you have called if a spade had landed on the river?

DanJ.
11-11-2006, 09:58 AM
preflop is fine, this hand is standard.

Bowlboy
11-11-2006, 10:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this standard? By not raising this Preflop we are passing up a significant pot equity edge over the ranges of our opponents hands here. The rest of the hand looks fine to me as played.

testaaja
11-11-2006, 10:19 AM
If he's loose I would valuebet river. As played I would probably value/block bet the river for $5.

testaaja
11-11-2006, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this standard? By not raising this Preflop we are passing up a significant pot equity edge over the ranges of our opponents hands here. The rest of the hand looks fine to me as played.

[/ QUOTE ]
But we are OOP which is NOT good. Sure our hand has some pot equity there but IMO it dissapears being OOP. We could raise it up pf if we thought we could pick up the pot right there. By raising we are bloating the pot with not a great hand oop.