PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, disgusting QQ hand against donky

EricW
11-11-2006, 05:25 AM
Villain is very lag. He's 40/33 over 220 hands. PF he's aggro as well, flop AF is 4.63, turn AF is 4.50, river AF is infinite.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $18.40
UTG+1: $40.45
Hero: $71.80
Button: $142.40
SB: $49.50
BB: $19.90

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $8.75</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($18.75, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $13</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($44.75, 2 players)
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($44.75, 2 players)
Hero checks, Button checks.

Results:
Final pot: $44.75

ticks
11-11-2006, 05:40 AM
Your line is ok, but I'd bet the flop.
Agains this opponent I dont mind being raised, and getting it in.

carnivalhobo
11-11-2006, 05:49 AM
id be c/r this flop

ticks
11-11-2006, 07:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
id be c/r this flop

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe,
let's make a deal.

i'll reply to every post saying 'lead',
and you'll say 'cr',
and then we'll let the n00bs work it out for themselves.

PietM
11-11-2006, 09:47 AM
I hardly ever check/raise, is that a leak? I think (especially in µNL) betting out yourself is much more +EV, except some very specific cases (having a superdraw against a overly aggressive villain, for instance). Does everybody else C/R a lot?

ticks
11-11-2006, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hardly ever check/raise, is that a leak? I think (especially in µNL) betting out yourself is much more +EV, except some very specific cases (having a superdraw against a overly aggressive villain, for instance). Does everybody else C/R a lot?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.
It can be good HU in reraised pots with AA on a low flop.
I.e.:
UTG r, hero rr in SB, flop 552, hero checks intending to crai.
Often villain will feel commited to his overpair.

Edit: There are other good spots,
but in general you are not missing much if you never check raised in micronl.
(in my example above, for instance, most microdonks would never consider folding 66, no matter the action)

cestlavie
11-11-2006, 10:01 AM
I tend to check/raise very little. It surely increase my winrate if I could spot the situations where C/R is called for. Often a C/R does either make the villain fold when you could have extracted more value, or make you commit a lot of chips into the pot with the second best hand (i.e. what to do if he pushes etc.)

As for the hand, I'd lead the flop for 2/3 to 3/4 pot. However, if the villain is a habitual preflop 3-bettor I'd consider C/R'ing the flop.

avfletch
11-11-2006, 10:03 AM
The problem with the c/r is that it bloats the pot OOP in a lot of cases because you can't push all of it in and villains have a nasty habit of just calling.

When you lead they can fold (free money), call (pot isn't as bloated as it would be if they'd called your c/r) or raise (you can get allin with more overlay and probably nearly as much FE).

chesspain
11-11-2006, 11:14 AM
Since we're OOP vs. a manic on a board where a bunch of turn cards could kill either or hand or our action (e.g. any diamond, any A/K), I want to do the gettin while the gettin is good.

Consequently, I vote for c/r the flop...and if he folds, so be it.

NSchandler
11-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Against this opponent, I'll 4-bet pf OOP.

As played, I'd c/r the flop. I'm not sure a villain this aggressive gives up the initiative and checks behind all too often.

Against most opponents, though, I'd lead out because it's just too likely you'd give AK a free look at the turn.