lacrymosa
11-10-2006, 11:32 PM
insta muck? Comments on other streets welcomed
Villain was a donkey at 47/0/1

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $15.15
UTG+1: $8.75
CO: $10
Hero: $11.05
SB: $5.60
BB: $5.50

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, SB calls, 3 folds.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($1.1, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($3.1, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($3.1, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB is all-in $4.2</font>, Hero ?

ybother
11-11-2006, 01:16 AM
Betting the turn in postion might have helped define your hand. The river bet is large, but at this level not uncommonly a bluff,imo.

eigenvalue
11-11-2006, 07:09 AM
Pre-Flop: With a limper already in there, I would bet a little more, at least $0.5

Flop: Good

Turn: Nooooooo. You have to define Your hand. Never check this. Bet something like $1 or $1.5 and see what happens. If he reraises all-in, then fold without a read. If he calls, then move all-in on the river at these stakes after You hit two pair, no matter what.

River: Yeah, these are exactly the situations You want to avoid with a bet on the turn. Is it a bluff or is it flush? You'll never know, because of Your missed bet on the turn.

EricW
11-11-2006, 08:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pre-Flop: With a limper already in there, I would bet a little more, at least $0.5

Flop: Good

Turn: Nooooooo. You have to define Your hand. Never check this. Bet something like $1 or $1.5 and see what happens. If he reraises all-in, then fold without a read. If he calls, then move all-in on the river at these stakes after You hit two pair, no matter what.

River: Yeah, these are exactly the situations You want to avoid with a bet on the turn. Is it a bluff or is it flush? You'll never know, because of Your missed bet on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't see how betting this turn here is ever good; You have middle pair on a board where the flush is completed.

lacrymosa
11-11-2006, 08:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Betting the turn in postion might have helped define your hand. The river bet is large, but at this level not uncommonly a bluff,imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what worse hands are calling. I have middle pair and there are 3 diamonds on the board. At this stage I was thinking of c/f on an UI river