- Villain sitting in seat 5 with $14.50
- UTG+3 sitting in seat 6 with $9.15
- HJ sitting in seat 7 with $17.88
- CO sitting in seat 8 with $8.20
- Hero sitting in seat 9 with $9.30 [Dealer]
- SB sitting in seat 10 with $10.20

SB posted the small blind - $0.05
BB posted the big blind - $0.10

** Dealing card to Hero: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG+1 folded
UTG+2 raised - $0.20
Villain raised - $0.80
UTG+4 folded
HJ folded
CO folded
Hero called - $0.80
SB folded
BB folded
UTG+2 folded

** Dealing the flop: 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, King /images/graemlins/club.gif, Ace /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Villain bet - $0.40
Hero called - $0.40

** Dealing the turn: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Villain bet - $0.40
Hero ??

Villain was 12/2/1.7 for 140 hands or so. I didnt have these stats at the table though, I guess I would have folded if I knew.

Preflop I called for set-value since he was pretty deep. My flop call was pretty loose. I assumed the flop-bet was a c-bet, but I guess I don't really beat a lot of hands in his range. Only the pocket pairs 55 and lower.

Comments are welcome.

wake_up
11-10-2006, 10:47 PM
PF is a fold since you are not closing the actionand there has been a minraise and a rereaise in front.

Flop is a fold.

Well, you have to raise the turn... make it about $2.40 to $3. I guess villain had AA/KK here and you lost a stack?

CaptVimes
11-11-2006, 12:45 AM
*Grunch*

I'm not sure I would have called that flop. Three reasons 1. Your effective stack was yours not his and if you go by the 5/10 rule you were calling about 8.6% of your stack so your getting close to the max. 2. UTG+2 is yet to act and it would really suck if he repopped it, in other words your call doesn't close the betting. 3. MP1 wasn't the original raiser and I'm thinking it takes a big hand to reraise a raise, even a mini-raise.

As played, I fold the flop. Villian's bet sizing makes no sense in relation to his pre-flop action because he's giving you great odds to call. I think he's stringing you along hoping you catch up a little.

On the turn I put him on AK, AA, or KK, maybe JJ or QQ, so basically it seems like this is just an ugly situation to be in. I don't want to call this, but how can you lay it down?