PDA

View Full Version : perceived maniac, set of Q. am i correct?

tehDiceman
11-10-2006, 10:19 PM
am i correct here. in the 8 hands i played with him, he lost 6 dollars, this is 5NL, nothing big. i think he was tilting seriously hard because of some beats by the fishier players and was ranting on and on about how he is a poker god and whatever else. i told him to move up if he was so good and then he called me poor and said he would buy my wife socks. ?? there is some other random chat about how he is the best and everyone else is a suck fish. i was lost. i will post the chat at the bottom as well.

so i raised him all in because he was a maniac, i had ZERO reads on him because of his erradic play. i thought he might have had a Q perhaps with a better kicker, the turn action proves otherwise. i also left the table a few hands after that because everybody went far right aggressive because of this one guy and i didnt feel like putting my whole stack on the line on every flop i played, especially with the bad run i've had this month. i made my two bucks, im out.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($6.86)
UTG ($6.68)
Hero ($3.27)
MP1 ($2.62)
MP2 ($0.64)
CO ($4.45)
Button ($4.81)
SB ($4.42)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.1</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $0.09, BB calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.40) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.2</font>, CO calls $0.20, SB folds, BB calls $0.20.

Turn: ($1) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $1.6</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.97</font>, CO folds.

Final Pot: $5.57

***from previous hand chat partly, he had a A high with a K kicker, someone paired the ace on the flop and the winner was a fish according to our maniac. maniac went to showdown and called every street as well. /images/graemlins/smile.gif***

br1an2k5 said, "shoulda let him have that one"
br1an2k5 said, "i knew he checked the ace"
br1an2k5 said, "was such a shady check"
br1an2k5: calls $0.10
TreDuce6 said, "sure sure"
br1an2k5 said, "diceman i know you have the queen"
br1an2k5 said, "but im gonna call anyways"
tehDiceman: bets $0.60
br1an2k5: raises $1 to $1.60
tehDiceman said, "ok"
tehDiceman: raises $1.37 to $2.97 and is all-in
br1an2k5: folds
tehDiceman said, "didnt think so"

MrMxyztplk
11-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Don't raise that PF.

Bet a bit more on the flop (e.g. 0.3).

I'm more inclined to call the turh, especially if CO is likely to bet the river with lots of weaker hands/bluffs. Otherwise, pushing seems ok.

tehDiceman
11-11-2006, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't raise that PF.

Bet a bit more on the flop (e.g. 0.3).

I'm more inclined to call the turh, especially if CO is likely to bet the river with lots of weaker hands/bluffs. Otherwise, pushing seems ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the chat scared me a little, if he knew i had a queen, why would he call me other than spite, unless he had a better hand than a set. calling his raise would not tell me where i am in the hand so i pushed. if he had 10J, he already had me beat and would call, if he didnt, he might have called anyway hoping to outdraw my hand. he neither had the straight or wanted to play the draw, probably because he realized i was not a donkey like the players he had been beaten by before.

if i had called and a 10 or a jack had come out, i would have been a little more scared to call the river and i KNOW he would have pushed. sure it could be a big bluff, but it could have also meant that i would get bluffed out of a big pot because i was feeling weak.

at the same time, even if i didnt have the queen i probably would have pushed because if he thought i had it, i wanted to enforce that thought and hope to make him fold.

robinmbuk
11-11-2006, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if i had called and a 10 or a jack had come out, i would have been a little more scared to call the river and i KNOW he would have pushed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't wanna be picky but if the river brought a Jack you'd have the nuts. Not a hard call at all.

Waingro
11-11-2006, 10:45 PM
Fold pf. Bet more on the flop. Bet more on the turn. Super easy 3bet ai. Calling probably scares him just as much, since you will have so little left after that, and more hands call a push on the turn than on the river.

tehDiceman
11-12-2006, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if i had called and a 10 or a jack had come out, i would have been a little more scared to call the river and i KNOW he would have pushed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't wanna be picky but if the river brought a Jack you'd have the nuts. Not a hard call at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

didnt even pay attention to that comment. disregard the jack part. DOH. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

i felt WA during the hand as the guy was obviously monkey tilting because of the donkeys. when i 3bet ai, he ran away flailing his arms.

my play has drastically changed from one week ago, me betting 60 cents on the flop, turn, or river was unheard of, now i pretty much bet that much on a missed flop with two overcards after i raise it preflop(pot size dependant of course). man oh man how we progress. will continue to raise my bets some more.

on this particular hand though, i think i was subconsiously trying to give him something of a little bit of odds to call me so i could make more money. he had mentioned in the chat that he would "play every hand and win lots of money". i wanted to see if he would. when he raised me though, i said enough with the games and went for it.