PDA

View Full Version : AQ vs Nit

Oracle
11-10-2006, 09:06 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($40.55)
CO ($59.05)
Button ($53.45)
Hero ($61.45)
BB ($10.70)
UTG ($50.45)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, A.
UTG calls $0.50, 3 folds, Hero raises to $2.5, 1 fold, UTG calls $2.

Flop: ($5.50) 3, Q, 2 (2 players)
Hero bets $3.5, UTG raises to $7, Hero raises to $15, UTG raises to $25.5, Hero calls $10.50.

Turn: ($56.50) 9 (2 players)
Hero bets $23, UTG calls $22.45 (All-In).

River: ($101.95) 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $101.95

Vill is like 23/5/.64 seems pretty tight/passive. Where do I fold this?

avfletch
11-10-2006, 09:22 PM
Please at least take the time to fill in the suits and don't say things like "where do I fold this" because it tells us the result and will bias the feedback you get.

Oracle
11-10-2006, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please at least take the time to fill in the suits and don't say things like "where do I fold this" because it tells us the result and will bias the feedback you get.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch, sorry. I originally posted this in the wrong forum so thats why the suits are missing. It was a rainbow board however. I'm sorry if I gave away the results... this hand just seems so flat out wrong to me I didn't think there would be any doubt in peoples' minds that I lost.

pokerchap
11-10-2006, 09:26 PM
although his 4bet on flop is only 10 more to call, i think you can lay it down here.
indicates pretty strong hand from a tight/passive.

avfletch
11-10-2006, 09:30 PM
Some words of wisdom somebody gave me a while ago. If you think that everyone knows you played the hand badly and lost, then you are posting the wrong hands.

You should be posting hands that you think you played wrong, not just hands that you lost. Ask yourself, "Did I win Sklansky bucks with my play?" If the answer is yes, then you probably don't need to post, unless you think there might be a more +EV line. If you think you didn't and can't tell how you could've then post it up.

Its not about winning and losing the individual hands, its about winning and losing in a life long session.

Bonesy
11-10-2006, 09:40 PM
You really bloated this pot vs this nit. I would be inclined to call down on the drawless board after the first flop raise. If he got too heavy with the bets, I may release somewhere depending on the bet sizes.

Antinome
11-10-2006, 09:55 PM
I would flat call the first minraise and look to get to showdown cheap. It is only 1 pair, and you are OOP.

The first minraise could be 66-JJ,KQ pushing you off a cbet.
Anything after that is AA,KK,22,33 or AQ. If he was loose, it might be 23, Q2, or Q3.

If he goes nuts on the turn, fold. Call up to 1/2 PSB or a little more. Same on the river.

Oracle
11-10-2006, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Some words of wisdom somebody gave me a while ago. If you think that everyone knows you played the hand badly and lost, then you are posting the wrong hands.

You should be posting hands that you think you played wrong, not just hands that you lost. Ask yourself, "Did I win Sklansky bucks with my play?" If the answer is yes, then you probably don't need to post, unless you think there might be a more +EV line. If you think you didn't and can't tell how you could've then post it up.

Its not about winning and losing the individual hands, its about winning and losing in a life long session.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm thanks for the sermon. I know this wasn't +EV and that's why I posted it. Any suggestions for a better line?

Oracle
11-10-2006, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would flat call the first minraise and look to get to showdown cheap. It is only 1 pair, and you are OOP.

The first minraise could be 66-JJ,KQ pushing you off a cbet.
Anything after that is AA,KK,22,33 or AQ. If he was loose, it might be 23, Q2, or Q3.

If he goes nuts on the turn, fold. Call up to 1/2 PSB or a little more. Same on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I should have just called the first raise. I 3bet trying to stop him from freecarding a FD. Old limit habits die hard.

eviljeff
11-10-2006, 10:15 PM
I'm sure you realize this by now, but 3-betting this flop is really bad. there's just no value in it. a true nit is never calling with anything you beat unless your image is crazy.

I suggest calling the flop minr and folding the turn if he bets >1/2 pot