PDA

View Full Version : Updates and Stickies Suggestion Thread

Berge20
11-10-2006, 08:58 PM
Ok,

After a long hiatus on the campaign trail (and some crazy stuff at work right before), I have returned. Thanks to all the other moderators who have helped keep this forum cleared up in my absence.

Readers, what do you think will be the most effective stickies and updates needed at the top of the forum? I know we've gone through a roller coaster here, so need to get things organized again.

All thoughts are appreciated.
Berge

addictontilt
11-10-2006, 09:08 PM
hey berge - once the tourney gets nailed down, will ya sticky it?

Berge20
11-10-2006, 09:10 PM
Once I figure out what you are talking about and see if it is good from the highups.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

addictontilt
11-10-2006, 09:11 PM
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...0&fpart=all (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=law&Number=7995009&page=0 &fpart=all)

this thread pretty much covers it

BluffTHIS!
11-10-2006, 09:14 PM
Berge,

Glad you're back more often here and still with a job in the B&M world (your member prolly has a safe district doesn't he /images/graemlins/smile.gif?). And thanks indeed to the other 2 mods who have been helping out a lot.

I think instead of the welcome sticky there should be one that says "Read this before you post here!", where you can give topics that can and can't be posted here to hopefully get the purely politics and non-legal site specific stuff posted in the politics or internet gambling forums. Also there should be strong admonition to search the past threads before asking n00bish out in space questions like "what is the bottom line with the law now?" (and let them know an advanced search via google on this site works better than this site's search function and that if they do use the search function to use "+whatever -re" to get a list of just thread topics without all the replies listed).

SlapPappy
11-11-2006, 05:00 AM
How about a where are we at now type thing?

Berge20
11-14-2006, 12:13 AM
Anything else?

lol_variance
11-14-2006, 12:46 AM
Berge,
Maybe my reading comprehension is lacking but even after reading the FAQ's sticky, I can't seem to decipher what exactly this new law does to the online player. I have no idea if I am breaking a law, as a US citizen, by funding online poker from my bank or playing online poker. Where has this been covered? Thanks

lol_variance
11-14-2006, 03:23 AM
Nevermind Berge, I read more of the stickies. Thanks