PDA

View Full Version : QQ in the BB facing UTG limp reraise

toomuchforu
11-10-2006, 05:37 PM
easy fold?

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.20
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $23.15
UTG+1: $37.53
CO: $13.74
Button: $34.90
SB: $39.60
hero: $39.80

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG calls, 2 folds, Button calls, SB folds, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $1.4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $6.6</font>.
hero?

Pavan
11-10-2006, 05:42 PM
I never fold this at his level. He could have any pp. People love doing this with 10s and Js to avoid bad flops.

Jigsaws
11-10-2006, 05:45 PM
I fold.

CaucasianAsian29
11-10-2006, 06:04 PM
No reads?-
hmm... I think it's pretty borderline at this level. but probably a good fold

toomuchforu
11-10-2006, 06:17 PM
i know that a lot of ridiculous play are made at this level especially because "people are tired seeing their hands get drawn out on. Cold all ins with QQ+ are seen too freqently and called at an astonishingly high rate. also everyone (except for myself) at this table has been calling every singe preflop reraise no matter how much it is or how much they have left. Even if 50% of the time I have the best hand and 50% of the time i don't, which i doubt seriously given play I have seen at this level, and counting in the fact that the rake is something like $3 max, i think a fold here makes sense. Does that sound about right or is there something i am not thinking about?

sigurrostyp
11-10-2006, 06:19 PM
fold

Paul Thomson
11-10-2006, 06:22 PM
I'm not too familiar with this level, but I'd push. Or call and check-raise-ai, all non A or K flops.

kurto
11-10-2006, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i know that a lot of ridiculous play are made at this level especially because "people are tired seeing their hands get drawn out on. Cold all ins with QQ+ are seen too freqently and called at an astonishingly high rate. also everyone (except for myself) at this table has been calling every singe preflop reraise no matter how much it is or how much they have left. Even if 50% of the time I have the best hand and 50% of the time i don't, which i doubt seriously given play I have seen at this level, and counting in the fact that the rake is something like $3 max, i think a fold here makes sense. Does that sound about right or is there something i am not thinking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

If this table has been playing weird, you've left out too much relevent information on the table and this player to answer your question.

If this table was ridiculously LAGGY, then a fold is probably terrible.

Archon_Wing
11-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Well, if the villian in question was really nitty (haven't played a hand in the last 30 min) then I'd throw it away like yesterday's garbage. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Is there any value in calling and trying to catch a set?

machine
11-10-2006, 08:04 PM
Fold, dont call to catch a set the implied odds are not there. As for getting all in on a non A or K flop that is terrible because you are still being stacked by AA and KK and one of the hands you were beating pre-flop(AK) now folds.

Chris_ca
11-10-2006, 10:42 PM
I think it's highly villian dependent. Stats?

dashman
11-11-2006, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold, dont call to catch a set the implied odds are not there. As for getting all in on a non A or K flop that is terrible because you are still being stacked by AA and KK and one of the hands you were beating pre-flop(AK) now folds.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed, normally this means you are beat by a Nit to medium player, if lag pooooosh away and how does it go....rinse and repeat???
BTW Machine I believe Ive played alot with you on stars.

eigenvalue
11-11-2006, 07:33 AM
This is an insta-fold to me. Don't underrate other players, even in this levels You'll find lots of players that trap You with AA in this way.

Just this week, I was in the same spot as You with the same hand. UTG limped, SB completed, I raised out of the big blind with QQ, UTG reraised, SB called, I folded and laughed about him. Of course it was AA and SB gratefully surrenderd his whole stack.

eigenvalue
11-11-2006, 07:34 AM
Hey, we are on the same line this time!