PDA

View Full Version : [02$ NL - FR] The Pain, The Pain...

DannieUke
11-10-2006, 03:25 PM
Did they put something in the water coolers at the penny tables? I'm running so cold that I'm starting to think I should go back to playing chess. Having paid off so many donks I'm now trigger sketchy when they come over the top of me -- folding when I likely should call, or worse jamming the AI bar to max when I should fold my tail between my legs...

So, two thoughts:

1. <u>Theory Type Hand</u>

No real reads here, since this is a made-up scenario -- but, hey, I play at the penny table where the play is loose and weak and the wine is actually Kool-Aid...

Made-Up Poker Room
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.01/$0.02
9 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (9 players) Protagonist is BB with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $0.04</font>, SB folds, Protagonist calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: 10/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.25, 6 players)
UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $0.25</font>. Me???

I know what to do in "theory" at a limit table -- raise -- but do I even want to try to pare down the field? Call? Fold?

2. <u>Practice Type Hand</u>

No reads here either on Villain -- we've been playing only about a half hour and this is the first time he's really got my attention...

(Sorry I dropped the stacks from the output -- but suffice it to say I have Villain covered...)

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.01/$0.02
9 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (9 players) Protagonist is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Protagonist raises to $0.06</font>, 3 folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($0.18, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Protagonist bets $0.10</font>, BB calls.

Turn: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($0.38, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $0.10</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Protagonist raises to $0.20</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $1.14 (all-in)</font>, Protagonist???

Maybe Canasta...

Triggerle
11-10-2006, 03:32 PM
Hand 1:

I don't want to play 87 out of position against 6 opponents, one of which has raised pre-flop. I fold pre-flop.

As played I fold the flop. Middle pair no kicker against a raise with 4 to act is not a hand I want to continue.

Hand 2:

Why raise turn? And why min-raise? As played I fold. Wait until he makes his move when you actually have a hand.

kitaristi0
11-10-2006, 07:13 PM
Hand 1 - PF is fine, flop is an easy fold.

Hand 2 - Bet a bit more on the flop, like $0.12-$0.15. If I raise the turn I raise it to $0.40. Minraising gives him immediate odds to call with any draw (except a gutshot). If he calls my turn raise I'm checking behind on the river unless I hit a K.

kabouter
11-10-2006, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1:

I don't want to play 87 out of position against 6 opponents, one of which has raised pre-flop. I fold pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? A 1xbb raise in a multiway pot, seems like a good time to play suited connectors. If you don't hit anything (like here), just get out...

About running cold, the last 2 days have been terrible for me I dropped like $125, so I'm moving down in stakes now (from $25nl to $10nl), but I'm afraid that is not possible at the 0,02 stakes...
You should be able to beat them though, if you just play tight... It's probably bad luck

Triggerle
11-10-2006, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1:

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? A 1xbb raise in a multiway pot, seems like a good time to play suited connectors. If you don't hit anything (like here), just get out...

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a 4xbb raise. Sure, we have to call only 3 from the BB but still. I'm not saying that this is a -EV call but the game at these levels offers many much better situations that a beginner can pass on this. If you feel you can outplay them postflop with 87 then by any means call.