PDA

View Full Version : Before a Rock and a hardhead - $25 FULL Ring - Queens

kurto
11-10-2006, 12:24 PM
OR - CLUELESS WITH QUEENS

I was very confused how to act on any street here.

There's a person who's a TAA with a full stack UTG+1. UTG+2 is a LAG with a deep stack (+200BB). I'm in the SB with $30.

The Tight aggressive opens for $1.25. The LAG (whose very laggy, very difficult to put on a hand... would reraise with any PP, any strong Ace, I've seen him reraise with suited A10, etc.) Immediately raises to $3.

Folds around to me in SB with Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif

(1) Hero what?

In the actual hand, had it been just the LAG, I would have reraised. It was the TAA that made me nervous. So I smoothcalled. TAA smoothcalls.

FLOP: 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I'm of course out of position. I check. TAA checks. LAG checks?!?!??! (Someone slowplaying?)

TURN: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

(2) Hero??? (I hate being OOP)

I checked. TAA bet pot. LAG calls... Hero???

Vern
11-10-2006, 12:43 PM
I hate pre-flop, raise the ~pot here ~$10. If the TAA raises all in and the lag comes along, then you can consider folding, but I think you will see an all-in from AKo often enough to make an all-in call of the 4bet worth the price.
Flop I hate, but I really want the LAG to bet at it, so I might check even when I have raised pre-flop and both the TAA and LAG call the pre-flop 3bet. If it is just the one, I am betting ~$10 again and punching something when the TAA raises but I call. When the LAG raises me I call too, but I don't punch anything.

With a raise & re-raise pre-flop before it gets to me, I want to get as much money in the pot pre-flop as possible, only because the re-raise is from a LAG. If two TAA's are in position raising and re-raising I might fold pre-flop and pick a better table.

As played I fold the Turn. The pot is small and you have a bet and call in front of you.

BukNaked36
11-10-2006, 01:01 PM
"Before a Rock and a hardhead"

Is that the Brit version of "between a rock and a hard place"?

Anyhow, ~ $9 pot on flop. If you call turn ~ $36 pot with you having $18 behind. Do you see yourself getting away from a 1/2 pot river bet? I think turn is push or fold based on your read. I can't come up with good hand ranges that you beat - a mid pair for one (99-JJ) and Ax (A8?) for the other, but I have a hard time believing that. I think I get away from this one.

ChipStorm
11-10-2006, 01:04 PM
Rule of paired flops in multiway pots: first person to represent the trips folds out everyone who doesn't have the trips.

Represent on the flop and be done with it.

kurto
11-10-2006, 01:05 PM
By putting in a 1/3 of my stack preflop... Aren't I forcing myself to bet regardless of the flop since I'm oop and pretty much have to cont. bet?

Therefore- Aren't I pretty much committing myself to over 120bbs with just a pair?

If I reraise and everyone else folds, fantastic. I'm just concerned about getting such a large portion of my stack in pf oop.