PDA

View Full Version : Can or will PPA take money paid through FullTilt ?

MiltonFriedman
11-10-2006, 10:32 AM
I applaud the setting up of a tourney for funding lobbying on the issue of online poker. however, please think this through ....

1. Has PPA agreed to accept money flowing from FullTilt ?

There is a political issue with taking money from someone who is allegedly breaking the law you seek to modify or repeal. Remember, Party funding PPA was PRE-Act.

I strongly suggest that money go directly to whomever you choose to do the lobbying for you.

2. (A bit more cynical) With all due respect WHY would FullTilt, a huge beneciary of the Act, seek its repeal ? Do they want Party back as a competitor in the US market ? The answr is NO. What they DO want is US players joining their site ... they do not care for a second whether the effort succeeds and have every reason to want it to fail. This is totally a marketing move.

addictontilt
11-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Thats one of the disccussions currently going on, best answer right now is I don't know about the PPA if they want it, the other issue is there seems to be resentment against the PPA.

Sure its a marketing ploy by full tilt, and a damn smart one. Kudo's to them, stars never stepped up.

Cubswin
11-10-2006, 11:16 AM
As to avoid confusion and ambiguity, I think this post should have gone in the original thread.

1. Has PPA agreed to accept money flowing from FullTilt?

The plan to bring this up with Micahel when I talk to him today.

2. (A bit more cynical) With all due respect WHY would FullTilt, a huge beneciary of the Act, seek its repeal ?

Short-term beneficary maybe, long-term no.

autobet
11-10-2006, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(A bit more cynical) With all due respect WHY would FullTilt, a huge beneciary of the Act, seek its repeal ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume they are looking out into the future. If American money is mostly gone a year from now, they will lose a huge part of their revenue base. It's nice they can look past short term gains and also contribute to the good of the game.

MiltonFriedman
11-10-2006, 03:39 PM
"It's nice they can look past short term gains and also contribute to the good of the game. '

That is a nice, kind of touching read.... "the good of the game" ... Yeah, right. I would suggest they are looking ENTIRELY at short-term gain as sufficient.... long term gain would be nice gravy, but I can guarantee you that "the good of the game" has nothing whatsoever to do with a decision on this.

whitepotatoe
11-11-2006, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
2. (A bit more cynical) With all due respect WHY would FullTilt, a huge beneciary of the Act, seek its repeal ? Do they want Party back as a competitor in the US market ? The answr is NO. What they DO want is US players joining their site ... they do not care for a second whether the effort succeeds and have every reason to want it to fail. This is totally a marketing move.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never had a Full Tilt account. More business + some goodwill - tiny chance that the money they donate will change anything = +EV.

Seems like a great marketing idea to me.