PDA

View Full Version : Monopolizing SSHE

timex
02-01-2006, 01:42 AM
When(if) Party adds books to the store 2+2 should work together to ensure that no fish can ever get their hands on SSHE or any other poker book that could be valuable to them, especially if they continue allowing redeposits to earn Party points.

Michaelson
02-01-2006, 01:47 AM
My lord

WordWhiz
02-01-2006, 01:55 AM
It's a serious concern. All the fish who pour enough money down the drain playing poker to let many members of this forum play for a living are still too poor to buy a $25 book. Clearly, cost is the only issue. The fish want to improve, and learn about pot odds and value betting and why you don't cold call with K4 off suit preflop, but they just can't afford the resources! Once Party starts giving it away, the fish will flock to the fount of knowledge like the little children did to Jesus, and bask in the new "Good Book," and verily, the pond shall dry up, and there will be much moaning and gnashing of teeth and rending of clothes, as thousands of people will have to get real jobs. The apocalypse is nigh!

jman220
02-01-2006, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When(if) Party adds books to the store 2+2 should work together to ensure that no fish can ever get their hands on SSHE or any other poker book that could be valuable to them, especially if they continue allowing redeposits to earn Party points.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hulk Hogan once declared a thumb war with Chuck Norris. Needless to say, Hogan's thumb is still missing.

StacysMom
02-01-2006, 02:50 AM
Fish are fish caus the <3 being fish.

MrMon
02-01-2006, 02:56 AM
Yeah, SSHE has been unavailable at Borders and Amazon for years now (2+2ers bought up all the copies), and here comes Party to ruin it for all of us.

Rhett
02-01-2006, 03:02 AM
If only there were some sort of invention to allow the printing companies to easilly duplicate their books.

Availability: Usually ships within 24 hours. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1880685...5Fencoding=UTF8 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1880685329/sr=1-1/qid=1138777166/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-9292372-4441456?%5Fencoding=UTF8)

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, SSHE has been unavailable at Borders and Amazon for years now (2+2ers bought up all the copies), and here comes Party to ruin it for all of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

smoore
02-01-2006, 03:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hulk Hogan once declared a thumb war with Chuck Norris. Needless to say, Hogan's thumb is still missing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chuck Norris sleeps with a nightlight... not because Chuck Norris is afraid of the dark, the dark is afraid of Chuck Norris.

g3rkshz
02-01-2006, 08:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ppl still buy books from those expensive sites??? you'll get the same book, brand new, for HALF the price on eBay (even less, used, on half.com)...

Packard
02-01-2006, 09:05 AM
Even if you actually give the fish a book like SSHE and tell them to read it, they almost certianly won't. I did this twice and they say months later "yeah I will read it when I have time to" then they will talk about all the stuff they saw on TV last night like watching "Wings" and "Roesanne" will get them anywhere and then they complain about bad beat stories that they caused by their own case of fishitis

thing85
02-01-2006, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. We should band together to bring down 2+2's revenues.

n00dl3
02-01-2006, 10:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Even if you actually give the fish a book like SSHE and tell them to read it, they almost certianly won't. I did this twice and they say months later "yeah I will read it when I have time to" then they will talk about all the stuff they saw on TV last night like watching "Wings" and "Roesanne" will get them anywhere and then they complain about bad beat stories that they caused by their own case of fishitis

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree... once a fish.. alwayz a fish... so just continue to catch the biggin

Olof
02-01-2006, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't ordering multiple copies of SSHE actually increase 2+2 revenues?

basco
02-01-2006, 01:17 PM
no no, we'll order so many copies that Party will stop selling them. They'll be like, "MAN, I gotta stop stocking this ridiculously popular book." Then 2+2 will feel the burn.

thing85
02-01-2006, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't ordering multiple copies of SSHE actually increase 2+2 revenues?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and the OP is suggesting that we should somehow try and stop Party from offering (purchasing) 2+2 books, which would effectively decrease revenue (or at least, disallow the potential for more revenue). My original comment was sarcastic, however.

OrianasDaad
02-01-2006, 11:49 PM
If a bad player wants to improve, then it is incredibly easy to find 2+2 material.

I did a google search for "poker". The first two links returned are online cardrooms, but the third links to these forums in the top 1/8th of their page, right after rgp.

The point is, there are alot of bad players, who for whatever reason, choose not to be better players. If a person wants to become better, it is incredibly easy for them to get information on how to do this.

TheProdigy
02-02-2006, 12:00 AM
Lol...The thing you mentioned about depositing for points and not having enough to buy the book is contradicting itself...Why would a fish put 500 in and out of an account to get bonus points but can't spare 20 of that for a book?

There are many reasons this doesn't hurt us, I can think of two easy ones:
1) some fish don't even notice the store, and if they do they will want to save up for an ipod, not a book..
2) most will bust out before they can even get enough points..remember these are probably going to take a bunch of hands to accumulate enough points so that they could get it

I really wouldn't worry much about it, these along with the fact that they rarely would read it anyways kinda solves the problem..I will let 3 fish per month get better for the sweet store itself

Theodore Donald Kiravatsos
02-02-2006, 01:18 AM
Or, they lie and tell you that they've read it, but then their play gives them away. I got an extra copy of Ray Zee's book for a friend, the same book wherein it is stated roughly that a hand like 98s-98 is "quite possibly the worst four cards you could be dealt"...

Observing him in play, I noted that he made what I judged to be a power raise with that very hand from EP later that evening.

Well, maybe that page was missing. You can lead the fish to a book, but you can't make them think.

bigalt
02-02-2006, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If only there were some sort of invention to allow the printing companies to easilly duplicate their books.

Availability: Usually ships within 24 hours. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1880685...5Fencoding=UTF8 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1880685329/sr=1-1/qid=1138777166/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-9292372-4441456?%5Fencoding=UTF8)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

whoooooosh

FCBLComish
02-02-2006, 11:07 AM
I gave 3 copies of SSHE to friends for Christmas. All 3 are regular B+M players, and 1 also plays quite a bit on line. Guess how many read it... I will give you a hint... The number starts with the letter Z.

TheProdigy
02-02-2006, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I gave 3 copies of SSHE to friends for Christmas. All 3 are regular B+M players, and 1 also plays quite a bit on line. Guess how many read it... I will give you a hint... The number starts with the letter Z.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought when you spelled out the number 3 it started with a T, not a Z?

thing85
02-02-2006, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought when you spelled out the number 3 it started with a T, not a Z?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's spelling out zero.

lozen
02-02-2006, 04:52 PM
Its like many self help programs and hym memberships. Very few end up utulizing them

smoore
02-02-2006, 05:58 PM
You can DOOOOOO it!

timex
02-02-2006, 06:30 PM
a zillion /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

boondoggle
02-02-2006, 10:36 PM
what a [censored] idiot.

cheers
Boon