PDA

View Full Version : Big Wizard of Odds screwup??

spino1i
11-10-2006, 09:31 AM
Well I must have missed something but Wizardofodds.com just dramastically changed what they think is House edge in pontoon. As far as I remember it has always been ".17% if split 2-card 21s count as a pontoon(everybody had this rule), .66% if they dont count as a pontoon(nobody had this rule)". Now it says ".38 for most software and .39% for Micrograming". WTF?? So the House Edge has changed .21% somehow magically??!! Anyone have any guesses whats going on here? Normally its the T&C changing that im worried about, not the house edge of the game!

aka23
11-10-2006, 01:02 PM
I believe he edited his October 17th Q/A column to change the house edge in Pontoon. I'm sure he had a reason for this, so I trust the the recent 0.39% is correct.

--Original Column--
"What is the house edge of gold pontoon on the new Microgaming platform?

There are two significant rules changes to the Microgaming pontoon game. First, the dealer stands on soft 17, which is worth 0.50% to the player. Second, there is no drawing to or resplitting of aces, which is worth 0.45% to the dealer. Overall the house edge is a very low 0.12%, with correct strategy, which is indicated in my Microgaming section."

--Current Column--
"What is the house edge of gold pontoon on the new Microgaming platform?

There are two significant rules changes to the Microgaming pontoon game. First, the dealer stands on soft 17, which is worth 0.47% to the player. Second, there is no drawing to or resplitting of aces, which is worth 0.49% to the dealer. So these two rules almost offset each other. Overall the house edge is 0.39%, with correct strategy, which is indicated in my Microgaming section. "

cassette
11-10-2006, 08:03 PM
Good to know. Thanks for the heads up, OP.