PDA

View Full Version : KJs Turns TP+GS

HitNRunPoster
11-10-2006, 09:08 AM
Villain is lag in the 45/10/2 area after 50 hands.

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $90.20
UTG+1: $63.65
CO: $17.05
Button: $43.90
hero: $141.25
BB: $62.79

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif
2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $2</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif ($6, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $10</font>, CO folds, hero calls.

Turn: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($26, 2 players)
hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $10</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $87.74</font> (This is higher than my opponent's remaining stack).

avfletch
11-10-2006, 09:25 AM
This is horribly spewy. KJs does not play well in a raised pot OOP. BB is clearly telling you that he has something when he raises your cbet with CO still to act, what exactly are you drawing to?

On the turn you've just made TP2K with pretty much no redraw if he made/had a decent hand to start with and the board is horrible.

If he's that loose then there will be plenty of spots to get his money. IMO, this isn't one of them.

jakeduke
11-10-2006, 12:21 PM
I just complete PF, but raising is probably fine.

I don't really get the flop bet. That is a flop that hits tons of hands in the range of both villains, so I would really just c/f right here. Given that you bet, I don't see how you can call the raise. You have 3 clean outs and 4 other very dirty outs; this should be a pretty easy fold.

You hit one of your very dirty outs on the turn, and villain bets small. If you want to continue, I don't see why just calling is horrible, since he gave you 3.5:1. I'd probably fold anyway though, being OOP with no idea still where I stood in the hand. The c/r folds out a lone q, but villain could very easily be playing a made flush here. You may have gotten a fold here, but your suspect flop play got you in a pretty bad spot here.

Vern
11-10-2006, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain is lag in the 45/10/2 area after 50 hands.

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $90.20
UTG+1: $63.65
CO: $17.05
Button: $43.90
hero: $141.25
BB: $62.79

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif
2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $2</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif ($6, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $10</font>, CO folds, hero calls.

Turn: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($26, 2 players)
hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $10</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $87.74</font> (This is higher than my opponent's remaining stack).

[/ QUOTE ]

PF the raise is good, but I generally bet a little harder with all hands from the SB when I raise because I am just fine if they all fold. I raise closer to $2.50. On the flop, this is one I don't c-bet into two opponents. You didn't give us a read on CO, but it would take a strong w/t read on him to make me think a c-bet has value and a 50 hand LAG read with 10PFR and 2AF is not really a LAG to be taken on with light hands let alone dirty gutshots, an overcard, and a BDFD. This is one of the flops I check and see what the price to peel is and what my implied odds are.
As played I fold to the flop raise and c/f the turn.