PDA

View Full Version : $25 6max: TT on a paired flop (WA/WB)

akkahai
11-10-2006, 08:24 AM
I had some history with villain. He had been raising preflop in position a lot, almost every time it was folded to him. I had three-bet him from the blinds or button a couple of time, he folded. Also one time I called in position, floated him and stole the pot away when he checked turn. Stats: 43/22/2.5

This is basically a WA/WB situation, right? WB maybe much more likely. Is there a better way to play this? Should I bet full pot on flop to really maximize FE? I can't continue after he calls. Its a very dry flop though, so I can't imagine him calling with anything other than a PP or K/5.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($49.15)
BB ($15)
UTG ($24.45)
MP ($25)
Button ($25.20)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $2.25.

Flop: ($6.25) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, Button calls $4.

Turn: ($14.25) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $8</font>, Hero folds.

PietM
11-10-2006, 08:50 AM
These double-paired boards suck.

I don't really think it matters a lot if you bet $4 or $6 on this flop. Only question is, does villain think you have a K, or do you think he has one?

I think you WA/WB here too. Maybe you could call his turn bet, and check/fold the river?

tiredjerk
11-10-2006, 08:55 AM
personally, i don't like to play these tricky boards passively. by calling his 8, you are putting more money in and not getting any information. he can be betting with pretty much anything. if you bet anywhere from 7-14, he can call with a lot fewer hands. in other words, you betting will cost about the same, but you get at least some information.

PietM
11-10-2006, 09:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
personally, i don't like to play these tricky boards passively. by calling his 8, you are putting more money in and not getting any information. he can be betting with pretty much anything. if you bet anywhere from 7-14, he can call with a lot fewer hands. in other words, you betting will cost about the same, but you get at least some information.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like that line too. If he raises your bet, you can safely fold.

But what to do on the river then? C/f? Blockbet?

eigenvalue
11-10-2006, 11:00 AM
Check calling is the worst thing You can do here!

I would lead the turn and fold to a reraise. If he has no K, it's a tough decision for him, too.