PDA

View Full Version : NL 50 Brick and Donkstack, or push?

pdoran10
11-10-2006, 05:55 AM
Villan is pretty tight agressive. Seems to be a solid player over about 50 hands. I really want to flat call and hope the river bricks so i can stack.

I am aware I should have folded preflop /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Im guessing i will hear that i should 3 bet the turn, but i am honestly torn.

Whatcha guys do here?

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $57.05
UTG+1: $133
CO: $47.75
Hero: $105.45
SB: $81.25
BB: $73

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif ($3.5, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.5</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($8.5, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $13</font>.

Sir Winalot
11-10-2006, 05:58 AM
I would rr to 40 and see what happens. If you try to steal this pf then make it 4BB.

ymu
11-10-2006, 07:35 AM
Pre-flop is fine, but raise to $2.

He could have a lot of hands here, but he's probably not folding many of them and something like QdJd or a set has decent equity against you, so I'm reraising pot, ie to $34/$35.

CaucasianAsian29
11-10-2006, 07:48 AM
I know you know, but i just wanna say i don't really like the pf action.

Pot flop
Raise hard on turn

thac
11-10-2006, 10:37 AM
Well, you have $17 in, and you need to get another 64 in. Pot is $34 if you just call. A $64 bet on the river is gonna look bad ... Reraise to 35-40 and hope he shoves.

ChipStorm
11-10-2006, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I really want to flat call and hope the river bricks so i can stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($8.5, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $13</font>.

[/ QUOTE ]
What makes you think you can't stack right here? Villain just checkraised you. Don't overcomplicate things, just reraise hard.

pdoran10
11-10-2006, 10:48 AM
i ended up raising to $33 and he folded. I like to get a lot of play in after the flop and i like to be able to call more reraises preflop so i raise to 3x BB /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I guess i like this raise thinking about it. i know he leads the river big if i just call based on previous play , but i couldnt quite figure out what he had at this point which i feel i usually can....so i raised, not knowing which card to fear on the river.
seems like this is an agreed upon reasonable play, good to know

Vern
11-10-2006, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i ended up raising to $33 and he folded. I like to get a lot of play in after the flop and i like to be able to call more reraises preflop so i raise to 3x BB /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I guess i like this raise thinking about it. i know he leads the river big if i just call based on previous play , but i couldnt quite figure out what he had at this point which i feel i usually can....so i raised, not knowing which card to fear on the river.
seems like this is an agreed upon reasonable play, good to know

[/ QUOTE ]
Likely he was c/r'ing the turn as a steal attempt and had made the decision that was the last money he was putting in the pot so you lost nothing against him by 3betting, but if he was actaully c/r'ing a hand he was going to stay around with you made the better play. Calling does nothing for the steal attempt but benefits the opponent that might call with cards to come but will fold to a huge river bet when the draw misses and they only have a moderate holding.