PDA

View Full Version : 20NL 6M JJ vs the double donk

Vern
11-10-2006, 12:05 AM
SB is Tight/Neutral 24/4/1.75 (AF by street 2.9/1.7/0.8)after 300+ hands who I have not seen get out of line and appears to understand the game but likes to start short stacked. In this game, that means he sits down with $4 and has doubled that through play.

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $9.61
CO: $8.80
Hero: $19.95
SB: $8.55
BB: $22

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($0.9, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.3</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($5.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $1.6</font>, Hero ???

Is this second donk bet tell me I am beat or is this a block bet with maybe a pair and flush/straight draw? He only has $4.25 left, so if I raise it will be enough to put him all-in. If I call, what is my river plan since even a half the pot bet by him on the river means he is all in.

Vern
11-10-2006, 02:20 AM
Can I please have a little feedback on this. Even if it is to tell me to stop posting things everyone else finds obvious. Thanks.

DeuceSeven
11-10-2006, 02:31 AM
I don't know what to tell you. This looks like the donk betting/calling with a set. I think you can flip a coin, this could be be a set, 88-TT, A7, or a draw. Any reads as to bet amounts post flop when he has a monster hand?

NSchandler
11-10-2006, 02:42 AM
Hmmm, tough spot I think. If you think you can fold to a river bet, just call the turn and fold if he fires again on the river. If you don't trust him enough to be able to fold on the river, I think you need to push here.

Given your read that he rarely gets out of line and has a pretty low river AF, I don't think he'll fire again with 88-TT. That means I'm calling the turn and folding to a river push. Not sure if this is good advice though /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Vern
11-10-2006, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what to tell you. This looks like the donk betting/calling with a set. I think you can flip a coin, this could be be a set, 88-TT, A7, or a draw. Any reads as to bet amounts post flop when he has a monster hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
Most of his bets have been hpsb to psb, that is why I am even considering that these may be blocking bets to try and set the price for drawing.

orange
11-10-2006, 03:45 AM
I would probably call and see what he does on the river...though I have no idea on the hand ranges/calling ranges of 10NL right now. If you think he would stack off with something like A5/heats/etc. then you can try shoving the turn.