PDA

View Full Version : (5NL) 6Max new to NL Poker. My 2nd session.

JackA
11-09-2006, 11:18 PM
I just moved over to NL poker after about 6 weeks of not playing poker at all (US legislation, running bad in SnGs, etc). I wanted to try out no-limit poker since it seemed like it might be more exciting than limit which I used to play every day.

So far pretty cool, first session I ran good and stacked my first player for $3. Woot. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif This second session was more interesting and I have a couple hands to post that I had issues with. Mostly over playing my hands here I think.

Hand 1:
Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.01/$0.02
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $6.46
UTG+1: $4.60
CO: $11.14
Button: $3.38
SB: $10.11
Hero: $5.42

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.1</font>, UTG+1 folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($0.32, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.26</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.84, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $0.38</font>, Hero folds.

I feel like I shouldn't have even been in the pot with this one QJ from the blind, and I raised it. Thoughts? Fold this?

Hand 2:
Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.01/$0.02
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $10.43
Hero: $4.87
Button: $6.13
SB: $10.50
BB: $3.37

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.08</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $0.24</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, Button calls.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.83, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $1.5</font>, Hero folds.

Another one I feel like I over played.Villain on the Button has been weak/tightish, but also able to re-raise my raises and play semi-aggressive. I haven't seen him really bluff, so he probably has a hand here. I think my flop bet was spewing personally. Should I have just c/f here?

CrustyFace
11-09-2006, 11:25 PM
Hand 1

In would have to agree that i wouldn't raise preflop with QJ, especially not on the BB. I would definately not play past the flop for any money unless i hit something strong.

Hand 2

I could justify the preflop reraise if i was holding AK, but not AQ. I think you played it ok post flop, i woudln't call there either. He could have any pockey pair over cards.

Shaddux
11-09-2006, 11:29 PM
Hand 1: don't raise QJ from BB
Hand 2: call pf 3bet. Otherwise, this is fine.

DeuceSeven
11-10-2006, 02:25 AM
Hand 1: Check preflop. I might raise this on the button. I don't like to bet out against 2 players post flop at this level without at least a draw. 2 overcards are gonna call, inside str8 draws are gonna call, backdoor flush draws will also call. Against one opponent I do this sometimes when I play at this level.

Even though you raised preflop I check this board oop, with 2 other players for the reasons stated above. As played, fold the turn. Just remember there's almost no need to bluff at this level, raise with mostly good hands and value bet these donks to death.

Hand 2: Preflop just call his reraise. On the flop I would have check folded. If you say villain is tight weak, I'm gonna have to hit the flop hard to put another penny in. What would a tight-weak player reraise with? AA-QQ, AK. They all got you beat.