PDA

View Full Version : ps 6max .1/.2 bottom set...river decision

wingchunflush
11-09-2006, 10:29 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com (http://www.internettexasholdem.com)

BB ($1.32)
UTG ($6.41)
MP ($1.77)
Hero ($3.81)
Button ($5.66)
SB ($3.63)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.02, MP calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.02, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $0.06</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.23) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $0.28</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, Button calls $0.57.

Turn: ($1.93) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, Button calls $1.

River: ($3.93) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

hero????????

open to suggestions on all streets....if you say check do you fold to a push?

CrustyFace
11-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Don't check on the flop. This may seem aggressive because you are getting to CR him here, but in fact it would be better to lead into the raiser. This is because if you bet, he raises, you can get all your chips in here, otherwise you give him the chance to just call and possibly draw out.

If you are intending to CR, why not raise AI, put him on the spot and if he wants to draw with bad odds then you did all you could.

As played, I would fold, this is a straight nearly every time. I believe this to be the case here because he didn't raise very much preflop, indicating he really could have many hands.

RAHZero
11-09-2006, 10:37 PM
PF: Fine, though I usually raise here.
Flop: Raise more. A pot sized raise is to $1.07. That's how much I raise to on the flop.
Turn: Bet more. That's an extremely drawy board. Bet the pot here. A push isn't a bad move here either.

River: Ugly. BFD came in, 4 to a straight. I can't see anything you beat calling, and any blocking bet you make is going to commit you to th epot since you have only half a PSB left. It sucks, but I'd have to check-fold that river.

CrustyFace
11-09-2006, 10:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Flop: Raise more. A pot sized raise is to $1.07. That's how much I raise to on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

At these stakes i'd be wanting to get all in there on the flop though. If he folds to it you have more information on the weakness of the player.

I'd be willing to pay off a flopped higher set, but i would do everything within my power, especially holding a set, to prevent the draw.

wingchunflush
11-09-2006, 10:46 PM
I guess a little more info is needed. I didnt have my hud up on this table. I was playing my usual game, raising a lot in position but was missing flops so I would cbet then get raised and have to muck. These guys were limping alot, and were not folding to raises. I usually do raise in this position but I figured that
1. a raise isnt going to thin the field, just bloat the pot.
2. if I hit my set it might look like I was tilted, and I would get paid off.

About the pot sizes I am working on that, still figuring the best amount to bet on the flop and turn, thats why the amounts are off. I should have bet more on the flop definatly.

CrustyFace
11-09-2006, 10:50 PM
Given that information, i still dont see a reason to change the way you play, in fact that can get you less action. If someone notices that you have check-raised for the first time in a while then they might become suspicious.

The best ploy here is to raise and push the all-in after the RR on the flop. That way if you lose you get a bit of +EV for later if you win you can carry on that way and people won't know where you are in many other hands.