PDA

View Full Version : Set with 3 flush on flop in EP

Haplo
11-09-2006, 08:58 PM
Some questions:
1) Would you even call this raise? It's possible the guy in lp (who turned out to be quite loose--VPIP in 40's--I didn't know this at the time) didn't have much and was just stealing.
2) What do you do on the flop? Bet smaller? Check?
Any answers and comments are appreciated.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
8 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $24.90
Hero: $35.55
MP1: $9.50
MP2: $25.40
CO: $42.85
Button: $10.80
SB: $28.95
BB: $31.60

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $1.25</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($4.1, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $5</font>, 2 folds.
Uncalled bets: $5 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: $4.1

toomuchforu
11-09-2006, 09:04 PM
if you are assuming that villain could easily be stealing and he c-bets a lot i would probably check raise the flop assuming thats the most money i could make with minimal risk of the flush killing me.

suited77
11-27-2006, 12:43 PM
if he has a continuation freq above ~50% i would check raise/ fold to 3bet allin. if not bet/call check/raise AI on non-spade turn?

what's his PFR range? does he steal a lot? raise a lot of limped pots?

(i would call preflop with those stacks)

Antinome
11-27-2006, 12:58 PM
The flop overbet is a classic 'I want to protect my 2 pair+ hand agaist flush draws' bet. I would dump AK at the CO to that bet, provided the ace was not a spade. The bet is a little obvious. It defines your hand without gaining very much in value. Just lead for 3.50 to 4 dollars. You want someone with AK or KT to 'protect' their hand by pushing, or someone with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif to semibluff push.

munkey
11-27-2006, 01:16 PM
Prelfop: Fine - since he's raising alot he's more likely to hit a weaker hand than you on average, though your hand will be set or muck. Your EP limp/call of a PFR shouts small PP too and is pretty transparent but FR EP sucks for everyone and I used to play it the same as you.

IMHO you must lead this flop (3/4,pot] mainly to charge 1card fdrawers. Don't give a free card. An A or K /images/graemlins/spade.gif in his PFR hand or another broadway spade.
I don't like flop c/raise in case it gets checked through (it is 3way).

I agree with Antinome your flop overbet is giving away alot information about your hand.