PDA

View Full Version : NL50 6m, 88 OOP against maniac

poisonxfree
11-09-2006, 08:12 PM
As an intro for me, I'm testing the waters of NL as I play primarily limit. I still struggle with certain aspects of postflop play and I'm not sure where to go with this hand. Villain is like 45/30/1.5 over 60ish hands. No real reads on his postflop play, because he took a lot of pots down pf. He cbet fairly often, and once OOP he c/f'ed a 226 flop.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $6</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif ($12.75, 2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($12.75, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $4.5</font>, Hero

I'm getting like 4:1 immediate, but I'm not sure how to proceed here. Should I just fold it? Should I call then put in a blocking bet if I hit my straight?

MrMxyztplk
11-09-2006, 08:20 PM
Tough spot. I don't think folding is bad at all, as you might be drawing dead, or to few outs than you suspect, not being totatlly sure which are good and which aren't.

_Drogo_
11-09-2006, 08:32 PM
This is a good spot to 3 bet pre flop. You have a real hand so against someone with those stats you are wayyyy ahead of his range. He is also in late position so probably more inclined to raise anything. Guys like this you have to play back hard at them when you think you are ahead and you are almost certainly ahead pre flop.

As played I call the turn and call a small bet if my straight misses. If it hits then it depends. If it is a 7 and not a heart then I'm going to war, pot size bet and push if he re raises. If he has higher straight or boat then so be it. If it is a 7 of hearts or the Q that makes things a lot tougher. If that was the case I'd probably c/c the river. No worse hand calls you in that case but he might take a stab at it with anything if he is that aggro.

Tony