PDA

View Full Version : (NL50) Ama posts a non-standard, interesting hand.

ama0330
11-09-2006, 06:57 PM
Back story - I get fullhouse over fullhoused and go on minor tilt. I check my stats and find that I am running like 11/1 for the session and completely change gears, raising all kinds of [censored] all over the place, starting to chip up nicely. Villain has noticed and has started calling me more and looking me up. I know he's sick of me, and I know he thinks I am FOS.

I played this hand really fast and I dont think my line was optimal. What do you think?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($13.55)
Hero ($57.75)
Button ($51.20)
SB ($8.50)
BB ($49.85)
UTG ($45.50)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, Button calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($4.75) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.25</font>, Button calls $3.25.

Turn: ($11.25) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $23</font>, Button calls $17.

River: ($57.25) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ...

kitaristi0
11-09-2006, 07:04 PM
I like to bet the turn but as played shove river.

CaucasianAsian29
I like pot flop, pot turn, value bet river.

play it aggressive!

Roadstar
Ok lets take it from the top.

Preflop - I like a bigger raise because of your image - ppl are liking to look u up so they're more likely to call or 3 bet you light preflop. Raise to like $3

Flop - Please pot this esp when ppl won't believe u

Turn - I bet again, I don't like the wet flop too much with flush/straight draws. C/R is a bit excessive so I like a bet for value because villain thinks you're FOS so you're not folding out worse hands (Q's).

River - as played pushing is fine (as you're prob not folding in such a bloated pot). Hopefully villain got AQ, KQ or something like that.

[ QUOTE ]
Villain has noticed and has started calling me more and looking me up. I know he's sick of me, and I know he thinks I am FOS.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($13.55)
Hero ($57.75)
Button ($51.20)
SB ($8.50)
BB ($49.85)
UTG ($45.50)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, Button calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($4.75) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.25</font>, Button calls $3.25.

Turn: ($11.25) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $23</font>, Button calls $17.

River: ($57.25) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ...

[/ QUOTE ]

ama0330
11-09-2006, 07:24 PM
Okay, I checked the river hoping that villain would have a stab at the pot. What does everyone think of this logic?

kitaristi0
11-09-2006, 07:26 PM
I'd rather check/fold river than check/call.

ama0330
11-09-2006, 07:29 PM
That suddenly makes sense to me.

You really dont think hes going to bluff this river?

EDIT: If he pushes there's a much greater chance that its two pair/flush/some other hand that wins. Best to shove and get max value out of a queen.

Right?

BlueArchon
11-09-2006, 07:31 PM
After you check raised the turn, I don't see Villain betting for value or bluffing on the river.

Checking the river allows Villain to play his hand perfectly. Check behind with any hand that has showdown value, and making a bet with a hand that beats you, that you have to call since the pot is so large at this point.

As played, I would push river for value.

matrix
11-09-2006, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I ... completely change gears, raising all kinds of [censored] all over the place, starting to chip up nicely. Villain has noticed and has started calling me more and looking me up. I know he's sick of me, and I know he thinks I am FOS.

I played this hand really fast and I dont think my line was optimal. What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

bearing that in mind - you didn't play fast enough.

raise more preflop - pot flop and either stack-a-donk the turn (c/r all-in who cares if it's an overbet he thinks we're FOS) or better yet b/3bet allin the turn.

If we c/r all-in and villain is drawing often he'll check behind which is a disaster on so many levels - b3b all-in traps more of his money in the pot and forces him to make a tough decision.

if he's calling us light whatever he does on the turn after we push OTT is wrong.

as played shove river I think we only have 1/2 PSB left. - he can't call unless he has 2pair/flush - he *will* call with TPGK+ and he might call with worse rubbish if he thinks we're full of it.

If he hit the flush/ rivered 2pair/ unlikely straight - meh he paid way too much to get there.

If he has Aces you were getting stacked anyway.

ama0330
11-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Villain checked behind, had KQ, and my kings were good.

I just thought my line wasnt so good. I didnt want to lose him at some point so I c/r the turn, but I think my river check was bad. I think in future I should have capitalised on my crappy image and overbet somewhere - I havent stackadonked for a long time.

As I say, I played this hand a bit too fast (literal sense), and I think I'll bet the turn next time.

Thanks everyone.