PDA

View Full Version : 50NL 6max - bottom set lots of action vs 2p2er...3way pot

SilentNoise
11-09-2006, 06:30 PM
This is actually a bit of a theory post aswell..but anyway...i dont usually fold sets, even bottom sets, on the flop at these stakes...feel im usually ahead of opponents ranges. Is this no exception? I asked the guy who had won the pot and he said he was a 2p2er. Didn't know this before the hand though. The preflop raiser won the hand...he flopped the straight.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) me is BB with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $2.5</font>, SB folds, me calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($7.75, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">me bets $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $8</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">me raises all-in $75.4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 calls all-in $30.75</font>, Button calls.

Turn: 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($197.3, 1 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $124, Sidepot 1: $73.3)

River: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($197.3, 1 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $124, Sidepot 1: $73.3)

Results:
Final pot: $197.3

preflop raiser flopped the straight..the guy who minraised me had an OESD. Do you think I can fold these kinds of hands? Im not sure if it is ever correct at this level against unknown opponents.

A little theory question though, Im 2-1 to pair up by the river, and im getting a little over 2-1. The guy with the OESD is getting little over 2-1 for his draw...so since both of us are getting odds on our draws, who is actually the long term loser in this hand. Is it all pretty even? None of us really win/lose in the long run in this situation?

thac
11-09-2006, 06:37 PM
Without knowing, I pretty much assume Button has an overpair and is looking to get in before a 4 or 5 comes. I pretty much never wanna fold a set at microstakes because of all the hands villains will turn over.

Button could also have 76 here too. Just go with it and hope to hold/fill up I guess. I'd say you're ahead here about 80% of the time.

Imrahil
11-09-2006, 06:38 PM
Call this all day. This exact same hand happened to me before but I had 77.

SilentNoise
11-09-2006, 06:40 PM
err just realised i am the long term loser in this hand since the guy who minraiser has less than me and the button i think, so im not getting 2-1 on my pairup, im getting less than 2-1. So even if i pair up im still losing inthe long run (if i can see his cards i dont call)