PDA

View Full Version : NL10 FR 57s - float attempt turned into the nuts

Triggerle
11-09-2006, 06:08 PM
I realise that this is borderline BBV but I am honestly curious about my play on all streets (this includes bet-sizing, something that I still have a hard time getting right). I'm fairly new to NL and opened up my PF game through 6max play, which is why I raised this pre-flop. This is the kind of outcome we hope for by raising light, isn't it?

I figured a semi-bluff float might work here although I considered a one-pair hand as within villians range. UI I would have check-folded the river.

Edit: forgot to include stacks. We were both at about full buy-in ($10).

Ultimate Bet
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05./$0.10.
9 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is Button with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
6 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.45</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($1, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $1</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($3, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.5</font>, SB calls.

River: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($6, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.5</font>, SB calls.

Results:
Final pot: $11

thac
11-09-2006, 06:21 PM
I would bet a little more on the river, 4-4.50 probably. He's paying you off with a K a lot here, may as well try and get a couple extra dollars.

dregal
11-09-2006, 06:31 PM
I'd bet a little more on the turn ($2-$3) - I think we are getting looked up a lot by weakish one pair hands when we bet 1/2 pot.

Def more on river, he is calling $4 with a K here.

I like preflop, esp when its folded to you.

Baintz
11-09-2006, 06:32 PM
I take the free card on the turn, why give him a chance to check raise you if he has a big hand? Especially as your plan was to c/f on river, why build a bigger pot where you haven't made your hand yet? Seeing as you did bet, and at this limit, I think you need to bet more if you want to get them to fold.
Also think you could bet more on river, but this is totally player dependent. If he's real loose who'll pay you off with TP then bet at least pot size.