PDA

View Full Version : 25nl - AK hits a dream flop .. I think?

thac
11-09-2006, 05:52 PM
Villain is a 17/6 passive player but is a decent winner over small sample size (up 4 buyins in 350 hands). I felt like I butchered this hand really bad, and I should have raised somewhere, but if he's a passive player that isn't a monkey, why is he leading into me with something I beat? Do I raise flop or turn here and take my chances against AQ or 99 or was this okay?

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $89.55
Hero: $33.10
CO: $8.60
Button: $24.95
SB: $22.95
BB: $22.25

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, 3 folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif ($3.85, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $2.5</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($8.85, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $5</font>, Hero calls???

carnivalhobo
11-09-2006, 06:13 PM
raise the flop, you should make a habit of raising these flop donks with just about anything.

Pavan
11-09-2006, 06:16 PM
Raise to $6 on the flop

Jouster777
11-09-2006, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
raise the flop, you should make a habit of raising these flop donks with just about anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hobo - I can never get my head around these donk bets on the flop. Are you saying if flop and preflop action were exactly the same and Hero had KQ you would raise? How about Q/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif. How about T /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif? Why are we raising...just info?

thac
11-09-2006, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hobo - I can never get my head around these donk bets on the flop. Are you saying if flop and preflop action were exactly the same and Hero had KQ you would raise? How about Q/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif. How about T /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif? Why are we raising...just info?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I was wondering that too... Our hand doesn't matter, we should just raise to push them off? Baluga said in the well not to raise with air, so with any pair we should raise it up?

checkmate36
11-09-2006, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain is a 17/6 passive player

[/ QUOTE ]

I only play the game for pennies so work with me on this one.

Would a passive player bet this flop without a flush? I don't think so but I could very possibly be wrong.

Since villian probably has a flush we need another club. If we raise the flop and villian pushes are we looking to call here? Im thinking we would only be looking at outs to the remaining clubs as the other cards wouldn't make our hand best.

Interesting hand and I have much to learn.

BlueArchon
11-09-2006, 06:36 PM
Line should be raise the flop because
1. You possibly have the best hand and definitely the best draw
2. You will be doing this a lot with weaker hands in the future to maintain your lead after raising preflop.

Fold to a push on the flop as you are probably beat and will not have the odds to draw to your flush

checkmate36
11-09-2006, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the input Blue.