PDA

View Full Version : Nut flush AK draw; Every Street Debatable...

Roadstar
11-09-2006, 03:30 PM
50NL 6max

Reads - Villain seems nitty with preflop raises (over only 40 hands tho), stats are like 22/2. He rarely raises preflop and seems to not wrestle over pots often. He is not overly aggressive postflop.

Effective stacks ~$50

Hero gets A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif

folds to villain who raises to $2, folds to Hero in SB who calls, BB folds.

Based on his PFR%, I thought calling is ok? Who still thinks we repop this to $7-$8?

Flop T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero checks, Villain checks

I'm not sure if I like checking, but I'm thinking its better than betting then checking the turn which telegraphs I'm drawing. Plus I don't want to be facing a large raise here? I'm not sure here.

Turn: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero bets $4, Villain raises to $10, Hero calls?!

With the check/check I figure villain is passive and took a stab at the pot (PSB nonetheless), what are we putting villain on, and can he profitably call to eek out some value on the river if I hit the diamond?

Comments for every street greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

MrMxyztplk
11-09-2006, 08:16 PM
I usually call PF as well.

I check flop as well.

Taking a stab at the turn is iffy. He'll call with a lot. When he raises, I think you can fold, since you're not getting pot odds and your implied odds are low.

Roadstar
11-09-2006, 09:35 PM
What do you put villain on here? IMO, the turn raise means AA-QQ with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK being the most likely since I have the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I was thinking call was ok, I realize implied odds is lower (4 flush board is too obvious) but:

1) Pot will be $24 if I call, 20% i'll make the flush, so calling is worth $4.8 and it costs me $6 - I would like to think I could eek out another $1.50 on the river if I hit?

2) If villain has K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifKx, I could be getting a good size value bet called on the river.

As for results, I called, river was an offset rag. I check, he bet $15, I muck.

Thanks

MrMxyztplk
11-09-2006, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) Pot will be $24 ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it's $18-19.

The rest seems good (though with the correct pot size, it's a fold on the turn).