PDA

View Full Version : QQ overpair facing shove on flop

Gorilla Boy
11-09-2006, 11:49 AM
This actually happend on NL25 (6max) on party last night

I was on the button, everyone had fairly full stacks of at least $20 but I had everyone covered with about $35.

Villain (CO) has been quiet all night and only been going in with broadway stuff.

Preflop i'm dealt Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif UTG limps, MP folds, CO limps, I make it $1.5 to go, sb folds, bb folds, UTG folds, CO calls.

pot $3.85

Flop is 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

CO bets $2.5, I raise to $7.5, CO shoves to $19.

Hero?

Any ideas would be welcome, thanks in advance /images/graemlins/cool.gif

testaaja
11-09-2006, 11:53 AM
Seems like an easy fold to me. There aren't really draws out there. Unless I think that he makes this with an overpair I fold. This is a set like every time.

Sir Winalot
11-09-2006, 11:55 AM
Fold. You're only beating a weirdly played JJ-TT and loosing to a set or AA-KK.

Pavan
11-09-2006, 12:02 PM
easy fold on a drawless board

homeslice
11-09-2006, 12:07 PM
fold

tojx
11-09-2006, 12:22 PM
Yeah, this looks like a fold to me too. If he was quiet all night, limped in with a small PP, makes a set on the flop and sees that you're raising him. As villain with a PP I would always push here.
The board is completely drawless either and I wouldn't expect him suddenly bluffing

sightless
11-09-2006, 12:34 PM
I have a question.

So the villain is likely to have a set here. But why on earth would he put all the money in the pot on flop and give us a chance to get away from our overpair if he has a set and is such strong favorite?

By raising dry flop he is just screaming I have a set here:/ but does it mean that thats what he has?

dashman
11-09-2006, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a question.

So the villain is likely to have a set here. But why on earth would he put all the money in the pot on flop and give us a chance to get away from our overpair if he has a set and is such strong favorite?

By raising dry flop he is just screaming I have a set here:/ but does it mean that thats what he has?

[/ QUOTE ]
Its called DONKPUSH and you should use it cause youll get paid off more times then not. This is an easy fold, you are beat by set or AA,KK. click fold option, Curse at the screen and move on.

n1nj4.br
11-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Most of time, yes.

sightless
11-09-2006, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a question.

[/ QUOTE ]
Its called DONKPUSH and you should use it cause youll get paid off more times then not. This is an easy fold, you are beat by set or AA,KK. click fold option, Curse at the screen and move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

So this DONKPUSH thing is vs donsk right? So if our villain has a read that a hero is not really a donk,why give him a chance to lay down?

eigenvalue
11-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Fold!

You will see a set or an overpair almost every time. You beat only 1/2 of the overpairs and You are way behind all sets. So it's an easy fold, given Your read on this player.

ChipStorm
11-09-2006, 12:53 PM
Gorilla, when CO played, was he open limping a lot, or raising? I think most players here would say that, at a 6max table, any pair can be raised from CO. If villain played this way we wouldn't be able to put him on a set or overpair. But was he superpassive preflop?

CrustyFace
11-09-2006, 12:55 PM
Even if this was a drawy board, exluding straight flush draws, ie one of the other, would he reraise you all-in on the draw?

Gorilla Boy
11-09-2006, 12:58 PM
Cheers guys, that's what I thought.

Just for the record I did fold and he turned over A /images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif

kurto
11-09-2006, 01:04 PM
That's a horrible way to play aces.

Of course, I'm happy for them to make it:
Wrong way to play aces... especially for deep stacks (http://www.pokerhand.org/?598029)