PDA

View Full Version : tough river spot $50 fr

Big Poppa Smurf
11-09-2006, 01:07 AM
i open to $1.75 in mp with kjs, only the bb calls. he seems fairly tight and solid and i don't have any notes on him yet which means he hasn't done anything stupid.

Flop: 323 rainbow, he checks, i pot it, he calls.

Turn: 7, we check through.

River: King. The pot is 10.70, he bets $12 into me.

Given the action so far this is a pretty easy fold right?

shpanko
11-09-2006, 01:20 AM
You are putting villain on AK/22/77/AA? I know it looks scary when he bets into you big on the river because when you check the turn behind he has to assume you have AK. SO maybe this is a good fold. It's just a weird bet if he is milking it. Maybe he's trying to make it look like a bluff by betting the pot. Tough spot, you haven't put much in so I think I'd just fold.

A lot of dumb TAG's don't think about reading hands and just think "oh he checked the turn! He's weak that means I can steel the pot!" But in a vaccuum I think this is a good call. is that how you spell vaccuum?

Wu36
11-09-2006, 01:23 AM
In my experience at smaller stakes the slight overbet is usually pretty strong. I'd call a smaller river bet (I know this is a pretty worthless post, sorry).

vacuum btw

Big Poppa Smurf
11-09-2006, 01:30 AM
my thinking was that my hand looks a lot like ak and he still potted this river, which means my pair isn't any good.

if the river was a jack i think the call might be a lot easier since my pair hitting is now kind of disguised

also shpanko you used the wrong "steel"

Marshall28
11-09-2006, 01:45 AM
i think you are good a lot of the time here ... the overbet on the river is him trying to represent a K. just because you raise pf and bet the flop doesnt mean you have to have ak ... and i promise the players you are up against wont be thinking that much into it. i instacall here ...

Big Poppa Smurf
11-09-2006, 02:03 AM
well if he's thinking at all, that king just hit a huge portion of my range and he's overbetting into me. also i doubt this villain plays a hand with a king in it this way unless it is ak, savvy? it's also a bad card for him to bluff on

Marshall28
11-09-2006, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it's also a bad card for him to bluff on

[/ QUOTE ]

no doubt its a bad card for him to bluff on LOL ... hes obviously a terrible player.

Big Poppa Smurf
11-09-2006, 03:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it's also a bad card for him to bluff on

[/ QUOTE ]

no doubt its a bad card for him to bluff on LOL ... hes obviously a terrible player.

[/ QUOTE ]

what makes you say he's a terrible player?

Marshall28
11-09-2006, 03:41 AM
ok so if hes a tight player he obviously doesnt have a 3 ... the only hand that the flop helped is 22.

i guess i could see him calling the flop and checking the turn if he had 77.

i guess i didnt examine it as closely when i first saw it. on second thought i suppose i might fold, i really cant be sure ... id have a better feel for it were i in the hand i think.

however ... he has to have 22 77 or a pure bluff.

ronitonline
11-09-2006, 03:45 AM
I would say this is a bluff or slowplay, I would determine my call on how often I have seen this guy slowplay.
Have you seen him slowplay at all? Vs a complete random I would probably fold knowing enough slowplayed hands, and even gay hands like KQ and AK got there.

Big Poppa Smurf
11-09-2006, 03:47 AM
also i should've pointed out in the OP that effective stacks are around ~70 to start the hand, he has me covered.