PDA

View Full Version : AQ Top pair vs TAG

shpanko
11-09-2006, 12:52 AM
Non-short stack villain in the hand has Taggish stats over a small sample. Something like 18/9/2. Seems tight and I haven't really seen him do much. His pf call surprised me so I thought I'd check and see what happens. What do you guys think?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $8.65
CO: $20.15
Button: $59.25
Shpanko: $55.80
BB: $50.80

Pre-flop: (5 players) Shpanko is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Shpanko raises to $3</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($9, 3 players)
Shpanko checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $9</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG calls all-in $5.65</font>, Shpanko calls.

Turn: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($32.65, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $25.95, Sidepot 1: $6.7)
Shpanko checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB is all-in $38.8</font>, Shpanko...?

Big Poppa Smurf
11-09-2006, 12:59 AM
i think it's a fold especially given the dry side pot

ronitonline
11-09-2006, 01:30 AM
I dont like that 2nd check, you need to bet there that lets him bluff with any hand, or bet you out with any worse Q.

orange
11-09-2006, 01:42 AM
I would bet $6 on this flop and hope to get shorty all in.

I think the turn is a fold.

Dennisa
11-09-2006, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no such thing as a dry sidepot in a cash game. In a tournament the bigger stacks can move up a notch so their is incentive to check down a pot with a dry side pot and eliminate a shorty. No incentive in a cash game.

Marshall28
11-09-2006, 01:51 AM
ummm ... i see players do this all the time and i really cant figure out why ... you have tptk, there is a possible oesd and a flush draw on board ... and you check it?

ok think of it like this ... if there is more than 1 card you dont like to see on the turn YOU HAVE TO BET. in this instance,there are 15 cards you hate to see.

if im BB here since u bet pf and checked turn im going to be raising A LOT of the time here w/ a semi bluff. the problem now is that you cant put him on a hand because you didnt bet the flop. had you bet the flop and he re-raised, then you would be in a much better situation to put him on a hand and make the correct play. but since you checked, you cant know whether hes semi bluffing or actually has a hand ...

EVEN IF he didnt bet and just checked ... whats your plan when another spade comes on the turn, you check and he bets?

checking this flop is one of the worst mistakes i see made ... if i saw you do it id make a note and remember to take all your money next time around.

Big Poppa Smurf
11-09-2006, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no such thing as a dry sidepot in a cash game. In a tournament the bigger stacks can move up a notch so their is incentive to check down a pot with a dry side pot and eliminate a shorty. No incentive in a cash game.

[/ QUOTE ]

this makes sense.