PDA

View Full Version : Playing my small FD against a SLAG and LP

Downrock
11-09-2006, 12:32 AM
At a very very loose table here. BB is pretty loose and has a very hard time letting go of hands like TPGK. CO is normally quite passive, by the way he plays this I assume he has a hand he really likes. Also, once he gets a fair amount invested in the pot with any sort of hand he is very unlikely to lay his hand down to a push even if he appears beaten.

Barring the preflop call, was I ok in calling these PSBs with BB and CO likely calling off the rest of their stacks in the event of a river heart?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $7.65
Hero: $30.60
CO: $9.15
Button: $9.95
SB: $10.55
BB: $24.85

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG folds, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($0.5, 5 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $0.1</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $1</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($4.5, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $4.5</font>, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($18, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $7.3

Shaddux
11-09-2006, 12:40 AM
Based on your reads, we should be betting more here.

shpanko
11-09-2006, 01:23 AM
He's putting CO all. CO was the aggressor and we don't really want action from the BB because that probably means we are beat. I think the bet size is perfect. NH aside from open limping pf. I might not overcall on the turn with such a low fd but BB is a donk and probably just has a ten so I like it.

helloimcdog
11-09-2006, 01:55 AM
i have no problem with the way you played it as long as BB continues to stay with you guys, heads up its an obvious fold tho

VorShot
11-09-2006, 12:25 PM
I don't like the open limp.
With the way the hand played, you had perfect odds to call to catch.

Hope you didn't run into a bigger flush...but if you did, Good game, reload.