PDA

View Full Version : AK vs TAG

lacrymosa
11-09-2006, 12:15 AM
This guy was 19/70/11 over a decent amount of hands. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing here, and for some reason I thought I was good. Find everything you can that's wrong about this hand. I have A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif. he has $11.65 and I have $19.25. Comments welcomed

Anton Chan Raises [$0.4]
Lacrymosa85 Calls [$0.4]
Lost Metal Folds
Atrain0712 Folds
Asunit72 Folds

Dealing flop: Q /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Anton Chan Bets [$0.9]
Lacrymosa85 Calls [$0.9]

Dealing turn: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Anton Chan Bets [$2.6]
Lacrymosa85 Calls [$2.6]

Dealing river: 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Anton Chan goes All-in [$7.75]
Lacrymosa85 Calls [$7.75]

hockeyplayer33
11-09-2006, 02:58 AM
The call on the flop is fine, since you have position. I don't like the call on the turn which has 2 diamonds on board. You need to know if he is on a draw. I re-raise on the turn. I don't think you have to worry about a set of 4's here, he's a tight player he wouldn't raise pre-flop, he would probably just be looking for a cheap flop if he had 4/4. You might be looking at A/Q here, which you have beat, you might be looking at A/K here as well, and you might be looking at Q/Q which I think is what is most likely in this situation.

SubaruSTiMike
11-09-2006, 03:01 AM
In position with AKo, I reraise sometimes, especially against a TAG. Make a habit of doing that, it's pretty standard. On the flop if he bets and you raise and he doesn't fold hten you know you're in trouble. Position is lovely, use it. Here you have no idea where you stand because all you've done is called, which isn't bad, but if you play with aggression, you control the hand. As played, I think I call down too =X.

Marshall28
11-09-2006, 03:07 AM
definitely 3bet pf, id probly have called down too since the size of his bets are so big ... the only hand id really be worried about is kq ... its almost standard for players at these limits to slowplay 3 queens here ...

id figure to be a good or tie a lot of the time ...

but you definitely need to re-raise pf.