PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for selling poker books

lawpoker
01-31-2006, 11:27 PM
For a myriad of reasons, I'm selling off my poker book collection. In total I have 25 books, most of them are just the normal books that most of you already have. I just wanted some opinions on the best way to sell them. Should I sell them as a collection for one price, or should I sell them individually? They are in good condition, and three are ring-bound.

If you have any interest in them, indivdually, or as a collection, let me know.

Thanks for the input. Input on suggested price is very welcome.

Niediam
02-01-2006, 01:28 AM
You will get more money overall selling them individually but obviously it will be a lot more work also so it atleast partially depends on how bad you need the money...

Anyhow, I'll try selling them on ebay, amazon, or half.com

Mr. Sask
02-01-2006, 01:43 AM
Hi there!

Wow! It sounds like you have quite a collection!

I've been recently buying poker books off of ebay for the past couple of weeks. I've purchased Caro's Book of Tells, Getting Started in Hold'em, Small Stakes Hold'em, and the Theory of Poker. I'm keeping a lookout for Hold'em for Advanced Players so that I'll have after I've gone through the other ones.

If I were you, I would try to sell them individually. You can see the going rate for a lot of your books by doing an advanced search for a particular book. In the advanced search page, you can enter previous sales and see what these books have been selling for.

In general, the Sklansky books have no problem selling. Most of them sell for $10.00 - $20.00 each.

I hope this helps!

Later...

Gelford
02-01-2006, 03:13 AM
I have about 400 chessbooks and while sometimes thinking of selling them, I always don't since they wouldn't reel in much anyway

Guthrie
02-01-2006, 03:35 AM
Individually, on half.com.

lawpoker
02-01-2006, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have about 400 chessbooks and while sometimes thinking of selling them, I always don't since they wouldn't reel in much anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait for the Chess "boom" in America, and you'll be off and running... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

But really, thanks for the advice everyone.

Gelford
02-01-2006, 04:25 PM
LOL ... (Btw that was back in '72, when Bobby Fischer beat the crap out of Boris Spassky, nah chess is never gonna be big, without the gamling part there is no way to attract Donkeys ... but it is a nice little game)

smartalecc5
02-01-2006, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

100% unnecessary.

Gelford
02-01-2006, 11:55 PM
Heh .. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif