PDA

View Full Version : (NL25) - Flop top and bottom pair. Get lots of calls.

Wolfram
11-08-2006, 09:33 PM
No reads.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($34.65)
Button ($23.50)
SB ($24.35)
Hero ($73.20)
UTG ($8.65)
MP ($5.20)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.85) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1.5</font>, Button calls $1.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, UTG calls $3.50, Button calls $3.50.

Turn: ($15.85) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ???

homeslice
11-08-2006, 09:37 PM
This is a draw heavy board. After the button calls UTG mini-raise, I would have puuuuushed.

As played, hope that the button doesn't have 67 in his hand and puuuuush.

SubaruSTiMike
11-09-2006, 02:52 AM
Raise a little more on the flop I think, UTG is a shorty and button is probably on a draw. Shorty can have A2 up to AK and don't wanna let go, turn I would just bet 14 or something and have UTG all in and button if he calls then I might shut down on the river. Actually, I'd bet 9 to get shorty all in and see if button calls. Actually, I don't know what button could have, a draw is very likely, I might just bet pot and push any river, or push on the turn. How much does button have left? PSB?

Marshall28
11-09-2006, 03:19 AM
what homeslice said ...
should push flop cuz board is too drawy ... plus you are still going to get action from worse hands ... i promise.

as played push turn and hope 67 didnt get there.

eigenvalue
11-09-2006, 04:51 AM
This is really difficult and troublesome. I'm interested what other members here think about that hand.

UTG is a donkey for sure. First he minraises, than he calls and puts himself in a sitaution where he is pot committed. Terrible. I think, he most likely has an A. BTN may have a draw and stays in the hand. With a set, I think he would have reraised on the flop.

You are in early position on the turn and may have the best hand. What is troublesome here is that no matter what amount You bet, BTN most of the times will have the pot odds to call, because donkey most likely will put the rest of his money in here.

I would bet something like $5 only. I expect UTG to call all-in and BTN will call or reraise. If he reraises, I would fold. I think it's a little bit unlikely that his reraise would be a bluff, because their is a forced showdown with UTG being all-in.

If BTN calls, there will be a tough situation left on the river no matter what. Because of that, I wouldn't bet more here than $5. I don't want to pump up a pot knowing I will be out of position on the river and there will be a tough dicision left. If for example a scare card appears and BTN goes all-in, I can get rid of my hand and haven't surrenderd that much money on earlier streets.

But I don't know whether it's the proper way to play that hand. I would be very interested how orange would play that hand, he's one of the most reliable and advanced posters in this forum.

Sir Winalot
11-09-2006, 11:14 AM
Grunch,

I'd make the flop 3-bet closer to 6, lead turn for 10-13.

Sir Winalot
11-09-2006, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What is troublesome here is that no matter what amount You bet, BTN most of the times will have the pot odds to call, because donkey most likely will put the rest of his money in here.

[/ QUOTE ]
This isn't limit hold 'em, we can bet here anything up to 18 (that's what button has left) and then he surely wouldn't have any kind of odds to call this.

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet something like $5 only. I expect UTG to call all-in and BTN will call or reraise. If he reraises, I would fold. I think it's a little bit unlikely that his reraise would be a bluff, because their is a forced showdown with UTG being all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why on earth would you bet 5? UTG is in the pot anyway so by betting 5 you give button immediate odds to draw for a flush with ~5 to 1 odds. Terrible play.

[ QUOTE ]

If BTN calls, there will be a tough situation left on the river no matter what. Because of that, I wouldn't bet more here than $5. I don't want to pump up a pot knowing I will be out of position on the river and there will be a tough dicision left. If for example a scare card appears and BTN goes all-in, I can get rid of my hand and haven't surrenderd that much money on earlier streets.

[/ QUOTE ]
You do realize that you're only behind to AA,99,88,55,A9,67 here? AA he raises preflop so that's out, 99/88 he'd most probably raise and fold 55 on the flop and raise with A9 most of the time too. So IMO we're behind to A9 or 76 for the turned straigth and we're winning all kinds of worse 2pair, flushdraws and aces etc. making the small bet a very bad play.

Scare card make you fold, huh? It might lose you your customer on the river and win you less money there, so make a proper bet before you lose him. Your object on the turn is to get as much money in the pot as possible and then get the rest in on the river. IMO we have the best hand here allmost allways.

[ QUOTE ]
I would be very interested how orange would play that hand, he's one of the most reliable and advanced posters in this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then maybe ask him about it?

GtrHtr
11-09-2006, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Grunch,

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you lead the turn for less than the pot multiway?

pdoran10
11-09-2006, 11:50 AM
bet enough to put the two players in the pot all in on the turn. I think ur ahead a lot here...

kurto
11-09-2006, 11:58 AM
Push turn. Avoid a river club.

Sir Winalot
11-09-2006, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Grunch,

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you lead the turn for less than the pot multiway?

[/ QUOTE ]
Shortie has 3 left, this is between hero and button on the turn.

Wolfram
11-09-2006, 12:56 PM
I agree that I should have made a full pot sized reraise on the flop to $6. It would have made the turn easier to play.

I just tend to get gunshy (set scared) in multiway pots with lots of raising and overcalling. If it was heads up I would have had no problem in pushing.

I bet $10 on the turn, thinking that would be enough to get the shorty all-in and still deny odds to a draw. Of course button had J/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif and he called, hit the flush on the river and I made a crying call on his push.

So, 2 mistakes in this hand. Not rearaising to a full pot in a hevy action multiway pot. And not taking away odds from a combo-draw.

eigenvalue
11-09-2006, 01:19 PM
You are right, I would have misplayed that. But Don't get that angry and thanks ALot for Your help.