PDA

View Full Version : Stars 50 NL

Oracle
11-08-2006, 07:00 PM
What are general thoughts about this game? I'm down about 10 BI over the past 2 weeks and I'm wondering if I'm just running/playing that bad. It seems quite rockish for such small stakes.

EDIT: I'm playing exclusively 6m. I can't seem to find the fish everyone is talking about.

cestlavie
11-08-2006, 07:04 PM
FR or 6-max? 6-max definitely seems very profitable. Occasionally you find a table full of tight players, TAGs even, but finding tables with at least 2-3 35+ VPIP donks and aggressive donators isn't exactly requiring you to break sweat.

CaucasianAsian29
11-08-2006, 07:07 PM
What sites have you played so far?
I /images/graemlins/heart.gif Full Tilt!

Shaddux
11-08-2006, 09:49 PM
My tables have seemed pretty tight as well.

pr0crast
11-08-2006, 11:21 PM
If tables seem tight then adjust to them. If you play 15/10 like every other nit of course you're gonna have a downswing when playing in a rock garden. Play looser at tighter tables if there's not much action. Steal blinds like a madman.

Last 8k hands of stars 50nl 6max i'm 7.5ptbb/100 playing 22/18 with 38% blind stealing.

And if you're just not meshing well with a given table's style, leave the table! There are plenty of other fish in the sea.

Hope this helps.

pokerchap
11-08-2006, 11:53 PM
i have heard so many mixed things about stars. some say it is soo easy others say its like FT almost

PietM
11-09-2006, 03:08 AM
I haven't played FT (yet?), so I can't compare the games. As compared to the old Party I think Stars is tighter, but there are still more fishes than I can handle. Sure you run into a table full of nits every once in a while, but that's what the Leave Table button is for!

For the record: I play NL50 6max too.

ZingyDNA
11-09-2006, 03:20 AM
Stars are more weak-tight than party. Most ppl are loose-passive and the others(prolly regs) are rocks. So it's easier to play semi-LAG and run them over.

the_muppeteer
11-09-2006, 06:25 AM
I've been doing good there lately, 6m only. Many loose-passive players giving there money away.

The biggest "problem" IMO is that you have no idea if your hand is good, some of the players just call no matter what, you can have TPTK, and in 80% its good and they're calling you down with high card or middle pair. But they'll play monster the same way.

But if you keep out of the other TAGs way its easy money, love playing HU on this tables against worse players btw /images/graemlins/wink.gif

eigenvalue
11-09-2006, 07:21 AM
Paradise, Party, then Titan, then back to Paradise, now UB.

Shaddux
11-09-2006, 01:33 PM
I wish stars had a buddy list feature

if it actually does, i will feel stupid

Dave I
11-09-2006, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wish stars had a buddy list feature

if it actually does, i will feel stupid

[/ QUOTE ]

It has a search. Previous searches are saved so it can be kind of used like a buddy list. People can hide from search though.

Motorcycle Mike
11-09-2006, 01:54 PM
I've been doing very well in this game, too.

You may want to post your stats to see if we can find any leaks in what you may be doing or not doing?

FWIW, I'm running at about 22/17/5 and have not had a problem with the games there.

jgunnip
11-09-2006, 03:46 PM
i play both stars and ft and my results have been much better at stars over 15K sample at each. Its all about table selection though and taking advantage of the weak-tightness at stars. full tilt on the other hands is much more aggro imo.

Oracle
11-09-2006, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been doing good there lately, 6m only. Many loose-passive players giving there money away.

The biggest "problem" IMO is that you have no idea if your hand is good, some of the players just call no matter what, you can have TPTK, and in 80% its good and they're calling you down with high card or middle pair. But they'll play monster the same way.

But if you keep out of the other TAGs way its easy money, love playing HU on this tables against worse players btw /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I play about 28/20 and am very aggresive postflop. The thing is I don't seem to get called down very often and when I do I'm beat. Maybe I'm value-betting the wrong way? Usually I keep betting about 3/4 pot when I think I have the best hand- should I keep it at a fixed amount? Do the larger bets scare off the fish and discourage them from calling?