PDA

View Full Version : What does this ridiculous bet tend to represent?

AshleyC
11-08-2006, 06:22 PM
Villan is 48.44/11.72 with an aggression factor of 3.67. I think that my flop raise was poor, I should have made it pots sized at least i.e. to $17. What do we make of villans ridiculous flop bet of $0.50? What does this tend to represent? If this is a way of trying to draw to a flush cheaply, is it more + EV to raise to $13 , i.e. we called more slightly often, bust still deny villan correct pot / implied odds. I see the turn as very straightforward any arguments?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 raises to $2.5, Hero raises to $8, 4 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($17.25, 2 players)
UTG+1 bets $0.5, Hero raises to $13, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($43.25, 2 players)
UTG+1 is all-in $39.05, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $39.05 returned to UTG+1.

Jigsaws
11-08-2006, 06:27 PM
A draw, most often. Sometimes a weak pair. So: good fold.

homeslice
11-08-2006, 06:27 PM
I think your flop bet ain't all that bad.

I'm guessing that your villian has the same hand you do(AK), but he has the Ace of Diamonds in his hand. I don't think he has a flush here.

D.L.M.
11-08-2006, 06:34 PM
i think your raise is fine. I like your bet size for a few reasons
1 the turn is where we want to get some money if we want to
2 we need to control the pot size and make draws pay
3 small posiblity villian has trips

i love the way you play it
i see all pps and all broadways combos in his range
meanin at the turn he most likey with has a straight or two pair at the least.

NH.

if the turn was a blank then you could push him all in with his either striaght or flush draw or combo.

btw give stack sizes, and just so you know that raise means villian is a [censored].

that raise ussually means 3 different things (from the type of villian who would make such a dumb bet)
1 a draw trying to trick you into a free card
2 a strong 2p or trip hand tryin to get you to riase
3 random weird who thinks youre multi tabling and auto fold when you see there is a bet and you have nothing