PDA

View Full Version : WTO

Carlson411
11-08-2006, 05:53 PM
Anybody here any results in connection with the WTO and Antigua? Antigua and a bunch of countries took a case to the WTO and if the WTO rules in there favor that can have a serious impact on the gambling bill with the US.

Freerollin`
11-08-2006, 05:55 PM
ZOMG NO WAY?!!!ONE

IceColdAces
11-08-2006, 06:10 PM
The WTO is just about meaningless to the US and our fight to reverse this law.

autobet
11-08-2006, 06:12 PM
I heard they will be ruling early next year.

The ruling will probably be against the U.S. and they will probably ignore it.

redbeard
11-08-2006, 06:18 PM
the u.s. may not be able to ignore it if the ruling allows antigua to ignore us copyright laws. this would absolutely infuriate the powerful entertainment industry of american and force u.s. compliance with the w.t.o. ruling. who knows if this is likely to happen, but it is a possibility. as i understand it the w.t.o. threatened to do this once before and the u.s. almost immediately buckled.

Carlson411
11-08-2006, 06:26 PM
I understand where everybody is coming from with the WTO vs the US, but you have to understand this is a billion industry and what the US did destroyed stocks and companies like Party Poker. The thing I notice is that even the dems voted for this gambling bill. Maybe fewer than the republicans, but they voted. The best thing about the dems is that they like to keep other countries happy too. The world is not to happy with the US and Im hoping the WTO has something negative to say about this bill and do something. Dem or Republican, in my opinion both of them suck and once they get into the seat they have to pay back the dividends to the companies that gave them money for the election race and it was 4 billion this year received by companies. Need a mediator in this law and it looks like the WTO.

autobet
11-08-2006, 06:28 PM
they ruled against us last year, and then we went on to pass the unlawful online gambling act and then did not bother to attend the conference last week on regulation.

I hope I am wrong and the U.S. complies.

SlapPappy
11-08-2006, 11:19 PM
<font color="purple"> US DONT CARE BOUT NO WTO OR WWF OR NWO</font> /images/graemlins/mad.gif