PDA

View Full Version : 99 flopped boat

MortenTA
11-08-2006, 04:23 PM
villain is 28/12/2.33 - but only over 60 hands

Is this a clear cut raise flop always situation?

Cryptologic
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $21.70
UTG+1: $51.50
Hero: $50.55
Button: $54.05
SB: $42.90
BB: $39.50

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $4</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($8.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $3</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($14.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $4</font>, Hero calls.

River: T/images/graemlins/club.gif ($22.25, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

crookdimwit
11-08-2006, 05:30 PM
Ugh. What is he raising with here pre-flop? Any reads? Assuming none, I'd have to think some big pair (AA-TT), or AK, AQ, maybe AJs?

Villain leads out on the flop, which may or may not be a courageous stab at the pot. Either way, I'm not sure calling is good here. I think you need to raise or fold and help clarify where you stand. By calling, what will the turn card do for you, if it's not a nine? You're still lost as to what villain is holding.

I don't like the turn at all. If he was playing AK or AQ, you're dead. If he has AA-TT, you're dead. If he has an 8, you're dead. So what do you beat here? 77-22? And how likely is villain re-raising with 77-22 preflop... Time to fold.

kerplunkNL
11-08-2006, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ugh. What is he raising with here pre-flop? Any reads? Assuming none, I'd have to think some big pair (AA-TT), or AK, AQ, maybe AJs?

Villain leads out on the flop, which may or may not be a courageous stab at the pot. Either way, I'm not sure calling is good here. I think you need to raise or fold and help clarify where you stand. By calling, what will the turn card do for you, if it's not a nine? You're still lost as to what villain is holding.

I don't like the turn at all. If he was playing AK or AQ, you're dead. If he has AA-TT, you're dead. If he has an 8, you're dead. So what do you beat here? 77-22? And how likely is villain re-raising with 77-22 preflop... Time to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry but this is bad advice, IMO. Never raise to get information. If you raise here, you get prob only called by better hands and you fold out worse hands. And you certainly cannot fold to his small flopbet. I think calling is fine here. On the turn you are probably beat, but you can't fold to this bet, IMO. River check is standard, a worse hand is not going to call a bet from you.

I think this is played fine. If you made a mistake it's a small one.

edit: As I look again at the hand: I can't see what you beat here, but I couldn't bring myself to fold to one of his bets.

mother_brain
11-08-2006, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you raise here, you get prob only called by better hands and you fold out worse hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont have any problem folding out worse hands here. I like a flop raise as well.

Shaddux
11-08-2006, 05:52 PM
I raise flop.

kerplunkNL
11-08-2006, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you raise here, you get prob only called by better hands and you fold out worse hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont have any problem folding out worse hands here. I like a flop raise as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am still not a master in recognizing WA/WB situations, it seems. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

D.L.M.
11-08-2006, 06:19 PM
I dont see a raise or fold viable anywhere here.
You could have raised to flop since by calling the flop villian probably wont bet the turn unless their range is ahead of yours(making you fuct either way). they will call a flop raise with high cards hoping to out boat you though.

So you shoulda raised to flop and bet half the pot on a non ace turn

given the way you played it i think you have to call down, becuase you sure are rarely getting a better hand to fold. and youve got a decent hand for showdown
ladiesman