PDA

View Full Version : Live 10NL: Semibluff turned into a bluff

Supwithbates
11-08-2006, 03:24 PM
I played this hand very strangely, starting out playing my hand for value, but then trying to react to my read on my opponent's hand. I'm torn on my line, because it's incredibly nonstandard and I hate it when I look at it but I feel like it's pretty unexploitable at the same time... what are your thoughts? Was this a good bluff, or did I essentially turn a hand with high value into 72o?

Background on Villian:
He is probably one of the better players that I know personally. He prides himself on his handreading abilities, and is more than capable of making the "big laydown" when he's sure he's behind. Tight opening range.
Hero has about 14.20 to start hand, Villian about 18$

Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif9/images/graemlins/heart.gif (7handed)
Folded to CO
Villian in CO raises to .30 (his standard raise)
Button folds,
Hero calls .25
Loose/passive player in BB calls .20

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/club.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif3/images/graemlins/heart.gif (.90)
Hero bets .75
BB calls .75
Villian minraises to 1.50
I can't think of a single made hand that Villian would minraise into a 3/4pot bet/call with, so I put him on a better draw, maybe AhQh or AhKh. Generally, it's right to fold here, but I thought I'd take a more aggressive route: reraise to rep the set, and take it away from him on any non-heart turn.
Hero bets .75, BB calls .75, Villian raises to 1.50, Hero raises to 4.75, BB folds, Villian calls 3.25.

Turn:Q/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif (Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif)

Given that I've repped the set on the turn, have outs if I'm wrong and he's got an overpair or trip queens, can I push this turn with positive expectation?

Edit: Go ahead and tell me I'm a moron if that's the case, because I feel like this might be really really bad.

Supwithbates
11-08-2006, 08:05 PM
The reason I feel this might be good is that I honestly believe he wouldn't minraise with a set or overpair here. I know he has a good grasp on pot odds, so it doesn't seem like he's trying to price out any draws.
With the board pairing and me having represented a strong made hand on the flop, I feel like I've done a good job in trying to represent that he's drawing dead. Would you call with AhKh here? I don't think he's usually if ever folding AhQh, but I still have straight outs vs. that hand and it seems like the only hand I'm really afraid of.

Check_The_Nuts
11-08-2006, 08:27 PM
tight opening range from cutoff?!?!?!

one problem, you would probably reraise JJ/QQ preflop, so your repping exactly 33. Not to mention, he just hit trip Q's. He only has a PSB back on the turn. Not a huge fan, I hope he's playing with scared money.

I push flop. Your ahead of almost everything with 15 possible outs.

Supwithbates
11-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Pushing 13$ into a 4$ pot is a huge overbet.
I also mix up my play at times, I reraise TT/JJ 75% and smoothcall 25%, he's seen me call with it before, not sure if he was paying attention