PDA

View Full Version : Foxwoods Coverage

wisehandpoker
11-08-2006, 01:33 PM
Mods, if you consider this spam, do your thing.

This forum has mold growing on it, so I'm breaking the monotomy to mention that the event coverage on worldpokertour.com has drastically changed over the last couple of months in a good way.

In Niagara, the WPT's Tony Berns, Wise Hand Poker's Ryan Lucchesi and I did 52 pages of comprehensive coverage of the North American Poker Championship. The website broke traffic records three times over the event, and we expect things to continue improving as we become more accustomed to our surroundings. We're bringing a different approach to the coverage, mixing the more traditional hand-for-hand with tournament flavor blogging to provide a more complete picture.

I respect this forum's posters and their experience and would love any feeback you guys can provide on what we're doing, what can be improved and what you as a core of the poker community would like to see more of from us. Watch us next week, then post your feedback here or msg me if you prefer. Thanks in advance for any advice all,

Gary Wise
Wise Hand Poker

wisehandpoker
11-12-2006, 08:43 PM
We're up and running all. Any feedback is appreciated.

sobefuddled
11-12-2006, 08:59 PM
I like it. I've switched over. Thanks. Nice job.

newhizzle
11-12-2006, 09:12 PM
sup gary, your doing a great job

so what state do we have to drive to to drink after 1 here?

wisehandpoker
11-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Since Foxwoods is a small nation of its own, we can probably set new laws and do it whenever we want. Still, any excuse to cross a border for booze is a good one.

sonofstev
11-12-2006, 09:28 PM
Screw Gary's coverage - read the coverage at Tropical Poker Blog (www.TropicalPokerBlog.com) instead!

Now I start the countdown before Gary comes over to the media table and yells at me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

groton
11-12-2006, 10:37 PM
drink after 1am lol.
non in New England during the week.

gdsdiscgolfer
11-12-2006, 10:56 PM
Very nice work, I'm converted

wisehandpoker
11-16-2006, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the conversions guys. Anyone have any suggestions about what they want more/less of?

G

edited for sleep deprivated typing

daryn
11-16-2006, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
drink after 1am lol.
non in New England during the week.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong in boston you can drink til 2!

groton
11-16-2006, 03:07 PM
opps