PDA

View Full Version : Did I at least get the turn right?

Roadstar
11-08-2006, 12:23 PM
Villain is kinda passive, folds to cbets and such but loose preflop. No other solid reads.

Effective stacks ~ $50

50NL 5 max

Hero has J /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in SB

Preflop:

Folds to SB, Hero completes, BB raises to $1.50, Hero calls.

ugh... how bad is this preflop?

Flop:

T /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets $2.5, Villain raises to $6, Hero calls.

I suspect this is bad too... can I call hoping to spike a J or T and stack his overpair?

Turn

J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero checks, Villain bets $10, Hero All-in?!

Did I at least get the turn right?

Thanks!

Sir Winalot
11-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Fold preflop, fold flop. As played, rr AI.

Jigsaws
11-08-2006, 12:31 PM
I'd rather raise preflop myself. Limp-calling isn't good.

Check-calling the flop is better than leading.

CRAI on turn is good.

munkey
11-08-2006, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop, fold flop. As played, rr AI.

[/ QUOTE ]

I often raise the BB if it's SB vs BB depending on villan -this may be spewy but I certainly fold to raise if I completed.

Badger83
11-08-2006, 12:36 PM
Fold pre-flop.

Flop call is marginal at best, you say he is passive, so a flop raise should tell you something, he probably has one of AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT, 88, AT, KT, QT, JT, you are drawing thin to most of those and there is no guarantee you will stack him so i think i would fold here.

Turn, ahead of AA, KK, QQ, AT, KT, QT, behind JJ, TT, 88. JJ and TT less likely as a few have popped up. I don't think you can fold this so go ahead and push.

SilentNoise
11-08-2006, 12:47 PM
FOLD PREFLOP?!? cant believe how many people said that. if its sb(hero) vs bb...i think i raise any somewhat playable hand..is this bad? I'd rather raise preflop from SB to take control of the pot. Then cbet if miss or hit. Is this bad or something?

Does villian make cont raise bluffs frequently when he has shown strength preflop? if so i think you can call (or reraise flop). OOP sucks though. Obviously when you hit two pair you push.

Jigsaws
11-08-2006, 12:51 PM
Definitely not bad. Raising preflop is fine. I'd probably raise this every time, barring reads.

Limp-calling is not fine.

ATrain
11-08-2006, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
FOLD PREFLOP?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

People were saying to fold to the raise, not to open fold.

Roadstar
11-08-2006, 01:15 PM
Agree on preflop and turn. But why are you suggesting we c/c the flop?

Against more aggressive players I would consider it because I let AK/AQ type hands hang themselves a bit. However, against a passive player I would think I gain a lot by betting:

1) being telegraphed that he has an overpair if raised

2) its more likely it will go check check anyway from a passive (the value of a bet inducing check is reduced)

[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather raise preflop myself. Limp-calling isn't good.

Check-calling the flop is better than leading.

CRAI on turn is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

ATrain
11-08-2006, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you check call the flop because you have TPWK and you don't want to build the pot oop.

Acein8ter
11-08-2006, 01:24 PM
Don't cold call the PF raise by the BB w/JTo... If they were suited, it's a maybe.

Jigsaws
11-08-2006, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Against more aggressive players I would consider it because I let AK/AQ type hands hang themselves a bit. However, against a passive player I would think I gain a lot by betting:

1) being telegraphed that he has an overpair if raised

2) its more likely it will go check check anyway from a passive (the value of a bet inducing check is reduced)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you think he checks behind missed overs, but will call with them, leading is fine. Most people just fold anything you beat, though.

Sir Winalot
11-08-2006, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FOLD PREFLOP?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

People were saying to fold to the raise, not to open fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, this is what I meant. Don't limp-call as jig said. And as many others have said raising is fine preflop.