PDA

View Full Version : How do you know when you're beaten?

arden street
11-08-2006, 11:58 AM
How do you go about finding out if you're likely way behind?

In the following example effective stacks were about $18. No reads on player other than he may have had me pegged as slightly laggy if anything.

The river call was pretty spewwy yes? How might i have saved even more chips?

Any and all thoughts appreciated.

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $54.63
CO: $27.55
Button: $17.01
SB: $20.90
Hero: $33.31

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif
2 folds, Button calls, SB folds, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, Button calls.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($2.1, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2</font>, Button calls.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif ($6.1, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4</font>, Button calls.

River: T/images/graemlins/club.gif ($14.1, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises all-in $10.01</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $34.12
<font color="#ffffff">Hero shows Kh Ks </font>
<font color="#ffffff">Button shows 3d 4d </font>

shpanko
11-08-2006, 12:02 PM
Don't, include results. As for the hand this is a pretty standard hand. Checking the river to induce a bluff from a missed fd and simply betting out for value are both good. Bet a little bit more on river ifc you'regoing to bet. Also this belongs in BBV. You played the hande fine. So villain had trips it happens.

munkey
11-08-2006, 12:32 PM
You can never know where you stand for certain, whether your beat or not - reading the board and putting villan on a range helps us to play more correctly.

We know he limped on the BTN and called a raise and check-called the flop so I put him on {small overpair(55+),4x, spade fdraw}.If you have any stats like VPIP/PFR/AGG then we can narrow down his holdings better and include likely hands that didn't connect with the flop.

I would check the river here and let a busted spade fdraw bet/weaker overpair. If we're beat it happens as long as we played the hand correctly it doesn't matter.

I hope you added villan slowplays to river with trip 4s and pushed rest in despite bdoor flush and limp-calls PFR with 34 SC with 17$ to your notes for next time when you stack him. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sir Winalot
11-08-2006, 12:36 PM
Put your villain on a range. As for the hand I don't consider being behind in here. I bet 5 on turn and push river.