PDA

View Full Version : Is this kinda of fold too weak?

CrustyFace
11-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
9 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $9.70
UTG+1: $5.70
MP1: $8.35
MP2: $8.35
Crustyface: $13.25
CO: $7.20
Button: $2.80
SB: $11.60
BB: $1.90

Pre-flop: (9 players) Crustyface is MP3 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Crustyface raises to $0.4</font>, 4 folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $0.8</font>, Crustyface folds.
Uncalled bets: $0.4 returned to UTG+1.

Results:
Final pot: $0.95

My reasons are that i dont have a read on him and that at micro stakes people generally arn'y clever and a check raise has usually meant strenth in my experience.

CrustyFace

Grifter
11-08-2006, 11:57 AM
obv. fold to the LRR.

but the bigger qeustion is why you are raising a marginal, easily dominated, hand from MP w/ an EP limper in a full ring game? Did you have a table read that everyone was really tight?

Perk76
11-08-2006, 12:01 PM
Fullring is not the time to be raising with qj in MP.

As played, I would probably call the miniraise and look to catch 2 pair, trips, or 4 to an oesd. His stack is average size, and as long as you can get away from a potential trap hand after the flop. Trap hand would be something like: Q69, where you suddenly have top pair weak kicker.

Grifter
11-08-2006, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fullring is not the time to be raising with qj in MP.

As played, I would probably call the miniraise and look to catch 2 pair, trips, or 4 to an oesd. His stack is average size, and as long as you can get away from a potential trap hand after the flop. Trap hand would be something like: Q69, where you suddenly have top pair weak kicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. The thing is, his hand is really well-defined by the LRR (AA, KK, AKs.) If you hit this flop well (2p+) you are stacking him 100% of the time, and it is only a minraise AND you are in position. I am still leaning towards fold, but if you are confident in your postflop play a call here can't be all that bad.

CrustyFace
11-08-2006, 12:12 PM
Actually it is a pretty tight table so i chose to take a stab with a marginal hand. I keep telling myself that these players arn't clever, so maybe that should have been a regulation fold.

Perk76
11-08-2006, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually it is a pretty tight table so i chose to take a stab with a marginal hand. I keep telling myself that these players arn't clever, so maybe that should have been a regulation fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even at tight tables, this is full ring. Playing speculative hands will get you in trouble in fullring. In MP you had alot of players behind you, and you have a hand that is easily dominated. Too easy to lose alot of money with.

But in the particular hand, you already put in .40, and the guy you have position on miniraised you. You easily can put him on a range: AA/KK/AK doubt QQ/JJ, but possible. This guy gave you good odds to call to play for his stack. If the flop doesnt hit you over the head, fold. If you 2 pair or trips, you hit GIN, since he will prob pay you off a good amount.

If you hit an OESD, you still have a good chance of seeing 1 more card more than likely with good odds, since if he doesnt know anything about odds preflop, he probably wont play it correctly post flop either.

As played, it is a CALL in position.