PDA

View Full Version : big leak - how to confirm on pokertracker

bronxbomber
11-08-2006, 09:30 AM
I am suspicious that a huge leak in my game is overplaying big pocket pairs, both in terms of pot control and going to the river and showing down/losing.

What would be the peanut gallery's best recommendation to check on this possible leak using pokertracker?

I realize I can select a filter to see "lost at showdown" and then filter hands for pocket pairs. I guess my bigger question is what is a reasonable amount to have lost on large PP showing down at the river....nothing or is it just a fact of poker that we all lose with the big PP from time to time? Or is it a case by case analysis of the hands themselves?

Thanks.

poshphil
11-08-2006, 09:48 AM
If I am doing this I tend to sort it by amount won/lost and look at the hands I have won or lost a large amount in. Then I look through the HH to see if I played it well regardless of whether I won or lost.

Perk76
11-08-2006, 10:34 AM
Take a range of hands 10K or so using a filter. Open up game notes, select ALL. Sort by money lost. Click on the replay for the 1st one. Select replay all hands and a timer between hands..i.e 7secs. Watch all your losing hands.

Another way is to not filter by PP, and do the same thing, and just watch the replaying of all your big losses, and see which hands your losing with. When you find one interesting, post it here.

ChipStorm
11-08-2006, 10:50 AM
Big pairs should make you money overall (duh), but as to pairs that go to showdown, that's much touchier because it depends on the hands.

I'd strongly suggest you post some of those big showdown losers for comments.

VorShot
11-08-2006, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
7. Pocket pairs. Under “Filters…” change the “Type of Hole Cards” to “Pairs.” This will show you how you generally play and perform with pocket pairs. Your Total VPIP with these should be EXTREMELY high; unless you play at highly unusual tables, I’d be surprised to see this number below 85%. Pocket pairs make extremely powerful hands that are extremely well-hidden; if you’re not playing them almost all the time, you’re leaving money on the table. Also, your Total PFR% with these hands should be rather high -- at least 1/3 of your VPIP, if not 1/2. Some people have this number higher still, and I don’t have a problem with that, especially at short-handed tables. If you have enough hands, I’d expect every one of these lines to be positive, and reasonably significantly so. If you have any glaringly negative numbers, especially AA-88, it may indicate bad play. Look over individual hands where you lose lots of money and see if you played too timidly early in the hand, or if you went too far unimproved in the face of resistance. Also, look at the hands where you won to see if you played too timidly, or if you routinely forced weaker hands out when you should have been milking them for profits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Taken from;
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...&PHPSESSID= (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=ssplnlpoker&Number=494666 9&fpart=1&PHPSESSID=)